Parvo Outbreak In Pet Stores

Ronda

Would be nice if their downturn in sales could be linked to lack of support for their practices of selling live animals . That may at least slow down any other company thinking selling live animals will make em rich.

I was thinking exactly the same thing

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll put it in here too, word has gotten out that the agent who collects these dogs from farms and backyard breeders (always advertising in the paper for puppies down this way) has been fined and now the council is looking into their affairs. the locals know who it is eventhough no name has been put in the paper apparently. a relative just read it out to me.

this is a possibility, the farm where the pups have been collected from might not have had parvo but then have been put in with other pups from other farms (there are about 30 farms down this way in gippsland they tell me) and then the rest of the pups have gotten the virus. i read in the sun the farm where most of the pups have been sourced from was KKK. hate that name sounds like Klu Klux Klan.

think someone might have already said this just putting it out there.

and yes, the governments perception of a puppy farm is quite different to the public's perception and everyone elses perception. if a "business" is registered to breed dogs and has all the bells and whistles then they are not technically regarded as a puppy farm. I got into a website a while ago where the government department was actually advising the public to buy from these registered breeding farms. it was all tied in with PIAA as well. so they are patting each others backs all for the almighty dollar.

Im now resigned to the fact, you will never go against the almight dollar and the "industry" and the billions of dollars this generates for the councils, vets and government, all getting their cut out of puppy farms unfortunately.

i hate to say it, but i think they are here to stay. not unless the public and our culture change their way of thinking......but its in peoples mind from years ago, if you want a puppy you go to a petshop fullstop. went past a pets paradise on my way to looking for a clothes store the other day, and there were two elderly couples around "toy pom" puppies. one said to the other, i got my pup from here and he is healthy and fine. so they are recommending for the other couple to get their pup from there too. no such thing as toy poms, poms come in one size, bred and showed these many years ago. one guy rang me and said to me, i was the treasurer of the state club at the time, there are 3 sizes, toy, miniature and standard. i said you are talking about poodles. no he said, thats the sizes of poms. lol

you can't tell some people.