7.30 Tuesday

Meea

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to be a one sided report Byron an animal rights perspective, kind of like making a show about puppy farms and then saying that breeding dogs is a terrible thing to do. I hope I am wrong though and it turn out to be an unbiased report!

Well what vile excuses for men. It was an unbiased report showing the need for culling the pigs but then the wicked part of seeing an animal slowly savaged to death and torturing it as part of the "fun".

Vile, repugnant, filth.

Totally agree Dogmad.

Well what vile excuses for men. It was an unbiased report showing the need for culling the pigs but then the wicked part of seeing an animal slowly savaged to death and torturing it as part of the "fun".

Vile, repugnant, filth.

Agreed. What sick mind would find that fun?

As I thought it would be, lumping responsible hunters in with people committing acts of animal cruelty, blatantly disregarding the law and APDHA and DPI guidelines to support Clover Moores push for the banning of hunting pigs with dogs.

Imagine all dog breeders lumped in together, the worst puppy farms in with the most ethical of breeders and the 730 report having a feature on why dog breeding should be banned. This is no different.

I fully support the punishing of people who make these videos though, it is very disturbing, they certainly are not what conservation hunting is about!

As I thought it would be, lumping responsible hunters in with people committing acts of animal cruelty, blatantly disregarding the law and APDHA and DPI guidelines to support Clover Moores push for the banning of hunting pigs with dogs.

Imagine all dog breeders lumped in together, the worst puppy farms in with the most ethical of breeders and the 730 report having a feature on why dog breeding should be banned. This is no different.

I fully support the punishing of people who make these videos though, it is very disturbing, they certainly are not what conservation hunting is about!

Well said KatrinaM!

Clearly some of what they showed was disgusting and breaking CURRENT laws which would see them prosecuted now.

No amount of banning will stop dickheads like that.We cant seriously be thinking that we should ban the whole thing " in case" some do that .Why weren't the people who were doing that charged with animal cruelty ?

Vile, repugnant, filth.

Totally agree Dogmad.

Absolutely agree. While I am not against killing where it is required (for culling or for food), it has to be done in a humane manner. I am totally against inflicting pain or killing for sport.

While the plight of the poor pigs is very disturbing, I am also concerned about what has been done to those dogs. They have been taught to kill and they could end up in the local pound where they could be picked up by some well-meaning rescue group and then rehoused in suburbia where they might live nextdoor to young children.

So I watched it, I still can't work out what 7:30 were trying to convey? It seemed 2 things were balled into one with a highlight on animal cruelty from the numpty youtube posters, which most people would only remember of the show as it is shocking to see.

The end message seemed to be ban dogging with Clover Moore crying, yet offered no analysis of the overall effectiveness in using dogs in pig control. Since the use of dogs, turned into sport, which turned into an industry seems so big instead of banning perhaps the government can look for ways to accredit pig doggers and crack down on people doing the wrong thing when hunting.

While the plight of the poor pigs is very disturbing, I am also concerned about what has been done to those dogs. They have been taught to kill and they could end up in the local pound where they could be picked up by some well-meaning rescue group and then rehoused in suburbia where they might live nextdoor to young children.

Pig hunters do not train their dogs to kill small children, the dogs find and hold pigs, they do not kill them so how do we get from that to being unsafe for the neighbours children.

I have a dog that kills chooks does this equate to I have a dog that kills children??

Most hunting dogs have lovely laid back safe temperaments, many hunters have children, not many seem to be devoured by the dogs.