Our Battle With Osteosarcoma

silentchild

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So very sorry for your loss of Emma silentchild. I have followed your story and admired your strength, humor and honesty as you and Emma took on this battle together. May you find some comfort and peace in knowing that you did everything you possibly could for your beautiful girl.

I have travelled this journey with you silentchild, though I have never posted. My boy was diagnosed with mandibular osteosarcoma this time last year & we lost him in August.

There never seemed much point in posting, Emma was doing fine without any advice from me :)

Even though you know it is coming, the loss is devestating at the end.

In time, I felt relief it was all finally over, it is an exhausting journey...... always watching, forever wondering.......

You have many happy memories of Emma..... I trust they will get you through the dark days :hug:

Rest easy, Emma, time to sleep, time to play, but watch over your Mum from over the bridge, gorgeous girl :rainbowbridge:

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words... they all mean a lot to me. Sorry I've taken so long to post a reply.

I got to bring Emma's ashes home today. It is lovely having her home, though the emptiness and aching is still there. I also had a heart shaped locket with her ashes in it made, which I will wear for special occasions. I donated her medication to a program that gives them to elderly people who cannot afford medical treatment for their pets. I thought it would be a nice way of honoring Emma.

Thank you all again for your lovely words of support. Emma is very loved, and I miss her everyday.