Is There Any Things Said About Your Breed...

Baileys mum

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl: Love it. Cody is the friendliest, most people loving dog I've ever owned. But so many people are terrified of his looks and assume he's a killer. He worked out at about five months old that if they look scared he was unlikely to get a cuddle. Smarter and more civilised than some people we meet.

Guest RosieFT

No, my jack russell does not have a long nose, she is a fox terrier. No really, she is not a jack russell, no not a cross. She is a fox terrier, perhaps a little on the smaller side but came from a registered breeder. No, a wandering male jack russell did not get under the fence, enter the breeder's yard and get to the bitch. NO SHE DOES NOT HAVE JACK RUSSELL IN HER. Nod and smile and remove myself.

both my husband and I have come across people who fail to believe she is NOT a jack russell or a jack russell cross - just completely and utterly do not believe us.

hmmmmmMMMM

Oooh, just remembered one I used to get when I had the American Cockers.....

No, it doesn't just grow that way (the hair), it needs to be brushed, clipped and generally cared for.

And...no, it isn't a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and no, it doesn't bark with an accent.

:rofl: :rofl:

No, my jack russell does not have a long nose, she is a fox terrier. No really, she is not a jack russell, no not a cross. She is a fox terrier, perhaps a little on the smaller side but came from a registered breeder. No, a wandering male jack russell did not get under the fence, enter the breeder's yard and get to the bitch. NO SHE DOES NOT HAVE JACK RUSSELL IN HER. Nod and smile and remove myself.

both my husband and I have come across people who fail to believe she is NOT a jack russell or a jack russell cross - just completely and utterly do not believe us.

hmmmmmMMMM

I get the same about Tess, she can't possibly be a purebred JRT because she is too small...actually she is 5kg, small but within the range for a JRT bitch...Your some sort of terrier cross might have been sold to you as a pure bred, but I have the feeling its one of those 'pure breads'...and no JRT's aren't supposed to be 10kg, that is way too big for a pure bred

Lexi must be crossed with a lab because her coat is too short for her to be a pure Golden

My conversation today

Why is your dog so skinny?

He is not skinny he is a lean fit running machine

oh

Ever seen a fat athlete?

Nope

Well there you go, if the Whippet was fat it couldn't run fast

ohhhh

Seen a chunky dog like say a Stafford run really really fast?

Nope

Well, there is a reason for that

Lean mean running machine, not skinny

okay.

I always get the "oh but cockers are aggressive they have that rage thing"

"no cocker rage is very very very very rare so rare that is is yet to be proven and studied properly. most cockers that become aggressive are like that because of bad breeding and very bad socialization, they are happy merry dogs that love people more then anything"

Mean while I have been holding back a hyper zorro who would love nothing more than I throw him self at their feet for belly tickles and to lick their hands.

Most people don't say much after that lol most end up say oh well he very freindly isn't he :D

I had a discussion with a former sheltie breeder in the park. Apparently shelties only come in sable. The tri I owned is a BC cross and the fact that he is a show champion means nothing because he knows his shelties. My merles are commonly called old dogs and I need to watch the blue eyed one as it is a sign of an unstable temperament. Oh and the most common miniature Lassie or even worse a baby Collie, get that all the time

Same here....

"ooo look a miniature collie"

"she's a shetland sheepdog"

"was she a pomeranian crossed with a lassie?"

"no, she is a shetland sheepdog"

or - another one....

"is she a sheltand sheepdog" (finally!!)

"she's just a puppy isn't she?"

"no, she is fully grown"

"she's a bit too small then?"

"nope she is right on 14", the correct height for a girl"

"no - shelties are much bigger than that, my friend's sheltie is twice that size"

White Swiss Shepherd Dogs are not the same as white German Shepherds. They are separate breeds with different structures and temperaments. They are not, as one person recently told me, 'GSD scraps' :-(

jawdrop.gif

I've also been told they are an abomination, a worthless mutt and that they shouldn't exist. I've been told by others they are just a GSD with a different name just so we can get more money for the pups. Apparently they are also a dog with no purpose. These comments are all just from this year :-(

Doesn't help your cause when you have the conversation I had at a herding training day the other week. White GSD owner there - at least they said he was a GSD. I asked if it were a White Swiss Shepherd (sorry all, but we've had a few come out to show here in SA). The owner said no, BUT, if the dog went overseas to Europe, it could get registered as a WSS, then it could be bred from and its progeny could be registered in Australia as WSS....

seriously??

My boy is a brindle bullmastiff

I know people dont see many in public like him

But no...he is not a staffy

Or a very large boxer

And i know he looks extremely cute & friendly

(he would lick you to death)

But do not randomly pat him as we walk by or place you baby/toddler right in front of his face

He WILL slober on you, cause he loves to share

Edited by Bullmastiffmum

I have two Pharaoh Hounds . . .I am walking past my local Bottlo and two young men are sitting on the wall. One spits at the ground and yells "Feed your dog, you fu*%ing lesbian!" I continue to walk on and the other yells "You poofters shouldnt have red nose pittys!"

So two myths in one day . . .no,My dogs certainly dont starve and they are not pitbulls ;)

I have two Pharaoh Hounds . . .I am walking past my local Bottlo and two young men are sitting on the wall. One spits at the ground and yells "Feed your dog, you fu*%ing lesbian!" I continue to walk on and the other yells "You poofters shouldnt have red nose pittys!"

So two myths in one day . . .no,My dogs certainly dont starve and they are not pitbulls ;)

Charming! What the hell is wrong with people?

Yes we are on acreage, no thats not all you need to own a BC. She spends most of her day asleep inside and doesn't self excercise (or self train btw) I'd happily move Quinn into an apartment so long as I could give her a good walk/run everyday.

Oh, and while we're on it. Yes, she's a BC. Nope, no husky, no basenji and no kelpie.

sitting on the wall at the bottlo - where they drinking by any chance?? idiots either way.. (and a poofer lesbian mmmm)

Edited by Tazar

sitting on the wall at the bottlo - where they drinking by any chance?? idiots either way.. (and a poofer lesbian mmmm)

Yes.How did you guess? Most days, there is always men sitting drinking on the wall outside.Most are ok but some heckle passerbys so I now avoid walking by.

Yes.How did you guess? Most days, there is always men sitting drinking on the wall outside.Most are ok but some heckle passerbys so I now avoid walking by.

Ahhh, the joys of walking past bottleshops! My partner was walking my toy poodle the other day, and some guy yelled out "f*ck off you little jumper wearing fa****". Dase often gets weird comments, being a big guy with a tiny poodle, but it's not often that Maggie gets called a f*****, and to my knowledge she's never yet been called a "jumper waering f*****". There's a first time for everything, eh?

When I was a baby/ young toddler we had a rescue GSD/Kelpie mix who looked mostly GSD. It was the early to mid 80's ( 82-87). Mum used to get all sorts of comments from random people whilst out walking us. Things like:

''Those are dangerous dogs- completely irresponsible to have one of those dogs with a baby''

''Aren't you scared the dog will attack your child?''