Is There Any Things Said About Your Breed...

Baileys mum

There's no such thing as an "english staffy" and no they're not miniature "staffys"

LOl

from what Ive seen the owner is trying to make it clear their staffy isnt a american/pit bull. most of the local shop windows are no longer putting they have pitbulls for sale they are amstaffs now, just not papers of course.

thats what bsl has accomplished, just a name change.

no thats too simplistic, n the deaths of a lot of innocent dogs

Edited by asal

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, my jack russell does not have a long nose, she is a fox terrier. No really, she is not a jack russell, no not a cross. She is a fox terrier, perhaps a little on the smaller side but came from a registered breeder. No, a wandering male jack russell did not get under the fence, enter the breeder's yard and get to the bitch. NO SHE DOES NOT HAVE JACK RUSSELL IN HER. Nod and smile and remove myself.

both my husband and I have come across people who fail to believe she is NOT a jack russell or a jack russell cross - just completely and utterly do not believe us.

hmmmmmMMMM

I get the same about Tess, she can't possibly be a purebred JRT because she is too small...actually she is 5kg, small but within the range for a JRT bitch...Your some sort of terrier cross might have been sold to you as a pure bred, but I have the feeling its one of those 'pure breads'...and no JRT's aren't supposed to be 10kg, that is way too big for a pure bred

Lexi must be crossed with a lab because her coat is too short for her to be a pure Golden

Yeah, Lili has a shorter coat as far as Aussies go, and that makes people even more adamant that she is a Koolie.

I have two Pharaoh Hounds . . .I am walking past my local Bottlo and two young men are sitting on the wall. One spits at the ground and yells "Feed your dog, you fu*%ing lesbian!" I continue to walk on and the other yells "You poofters shouldnt have red nose pittys!"

So two myths in one day . . .no,My dogs certainly dont starve and they are not pitbulls ;)

Charming! What the hell is wrong with people?

sitting on the wall at the bottlo - where they drinking by any chance?? idiots either way.. (and a poofer lesbian mmmm)

Yes.How did you guess? Most days, there is always men sitting drinking on the wall outside.Most are ok but some heckle passerbys so I now avoid walking by.

Ahhh, the joys of walking past bottleshops! My partner was walking my toy poodle the other day, and some guy yelled out "f*ck off you little jumper wearing fa****". Dase often gets weird comments, being a big guy with a tiny poodle, but it's not often that Maggie gets called a f*****, and to my knowledge she's never yet been called a "jumper waering f*****". There's a first time for everything, eh?

:laugh: WTF?! Morons.

Funniest thing, I remember walking Nala across the road and asked her to sit before I did so, there was a security guard on the other side and he looked so impressed his jaw was nearly on the ground... his like wow how did you get "him" (because all pittys are boys apparently) to listen pits are untrainable they are pretty strong dogs...

I just laughed and said no no SHE is excellent to train and she respects her owner's authority :) and walked off :mad uneducated fool.

I always get the "oh but cockers are aggressive they have that rage thing"

"no cocker rage is very very very very rare so rare that is is yet to be proven and studied properly. most cockers that become aggressive are like that because of bad breeding and very bad socialization, they are happy merry dogs that love people more then anything"

Mean while I have been holding back a hyper zorro who would love nothing more than I throw him self at their feet for belly tickles and to lick their hands.

Most people don't say much after that lol most end up say oh well he very freindly isn't he :D

Wow seriously? I have never ever heard of an agressive cocker, they are so sweet and gorgeous!

At the dog show the other day, and a Junior Handler was about to take in a red lakeland terrier

Heard a child ask her mother, what is that.. Mum replies, its a schnauzer. Mum then pipes up its definately a schnauzer, but must be a new colour (or something along those lines).. Unfortunately I couldnt correct her as I was mid conversation on my mobile phone.

Since I have had Tori (my lakeland terrier) I have had a ohhh a mini airedale, or what is it? she is a lakeland terrier, person replies, what is that a cross of.....

I had one person call my Westie a Hamish dog..... they were dead serious, I responded, he is a west highland white terrier, but yes they are often called Hamish as they are a scottish breed....

No he's a bulldog not a pitbull, similar but you might notice the face...Yes he is dog aggressive so it would help if you did not allow your dog to come running, barking across the road to get to him. Ok I give up pretend he's a pitbull if it'll make you call your dog off.

"no cocker rage is very very very very rare so rare that is is yet to be proven and studied properly. most cockers that become aggressive are like that because of bad breeding and very bad socialization, they are happy merry dogs that love people more then anything"

Mean while I have been holding back a hyper zorro who would love nothing more than I throw him self at their feet for belly tickles and to lick their hands.

Most people don't say much after that lol most end up say oh well he very freindly isn't he :D

Wow seriously? I have never ever heard of an agressive cocker, they are so sweet and gorgeous!

Same here. I had a cocker when I was younger and he was just beautiful. I have never heard of cocker rage.

"Oh wow your Field Spaniel is so friendly, how unusual" - hmm no not really. They are meant to be friendly! Sadly some lines are known for being shy and scared. And yes I've had these comments even from judges frown.gif

Then I get the usual "wow shes a big cocker spaniel"

And with the Aussies...

"Nice coolie"

"Why did you chop its tail off"

Guest _MADCAT_

My boy is a brindle bullmastiff

I know people dont see many in public like him

But no...he is not a staffy

Or a very large boxer

And i know he looks extremely cute & friendly

(he would lick you to death)

But do not randomly pat him as we walk by or place you baby/toddler right in front of his face

He WILL slober on you, cause he loves to share

Yes!!! My boy is also brindle and his entire puppyhood he was the "boxer cross" no matter how many times I corrected and said he's a pure bullmastiff. Sigh.

Mine isn't DA but I had many many many troubles with untrained Labradors attacking him as a puppy and causing him to be very stand offish with them now. Slowly we are training it out of him! Otherwise he's a big slobber machine! He loves to come up to an unsuspecting victim and wipe his slobber all over them haha

Same here. I had a cocker when I was younger and he was just beautiful. I have never heard of cocker rage.

Yer I'm actually amazed at how many people ask me that but it is balance out with " awwww he is so fluffy and adorable, his ears are so cute" and " aww he is so freindly" lol

I have 3 border collies and only really get comments like "aren't they a lot of hard work" or "aren't they very hyper to keep in town"? Gael is blue and white with no blaze and yellow eyes so sometimes I get asked if she is a husky cross.

Then we got the Brittany pup and get asked a LOT about her. Usually it's "what is she? She is VERY cute"

"she's a Brittany"

"Oh a Brittany Spaniel!"

"They used to be called that but they are more of a pointer than a spaniel so the name is just "Brittany" now"(or if I can't be bothered because then I get "but why are they called Brittany Spaniels if they aren't a spaniel": "a brittany spaniel, yes")

Someone did say to me recently "wow your pup is VERY leggy for a cocker".

Edited by CaseyKay

That pugs are stubborn.

... Oh wait, that's actually true :rofl: Most things people say about pugs are actually true, although the eye popping out thing is overly exagerated!

Edited by minimax

Yes she is a German Shepherd, no she is not a cross (the amount of times I've been asked if she is a wolf is crazy!), and yes I'm 100% sure she is purebred.

Oh, but i GSD's don't come in that colour, so her breeder must've lied to me :eek: but then when you ask if they have seen 'send in the dogs' the little light bulb goes off.

Shes not scared of you, just because she doesn't give a s**t that your there. And her moving away from you means she doesn't want you to touch her, not that she's scarred and might bite you! (although if you don't get the hint and leave be alone....) Shephers are aloof!

I was asked once if my dobe (rip :rainbowbridge: ) was an Alsatian, that's just wrong on so many levels!

And no I'm not scared he'll turn on me in my sleep, or their brains grow to big for the skull and they snap, ect..

That's all I can think of with little sleep.