Any News On Ned Please?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sorry didn't know if I should start another thread or not.

I picked Ned up at about lunchtime and he travelled very well. He is currently staying at Fernliegh Rd Kennels in Wagga. Karen and Max who run it are very experienced dog people so will settle him in and update me. I will visit him tomorrow to start some assessments.

GS Club have been in contact and will help along the process.

We may be able to locate his breeder and there is another local breeder who may assist with assessments.

Boarding is only a temporary option and we will all wok together for whatever is best for Ned.

Thanks so much Emma, you have been a great help to Ned

I second that, you have obviously donated a lot of time & energy to his cause.

I have had a bit to do with Setters, particularly Gordons & Irish over the years, & I must say I like the Gordon Setter a lot, though they are not a breed for everyone.

Here's hoping the old bloke will be settled soon :)

Guest lavendergirl

Yes thank you very much EF for assisting the very needy and deserving Ned. The old boy has certainly won some hearts - now we can only hope there is some happiness for him ahead. :pray:

You are a legend Emma, I despaired for the beautiful Ned and was afraid to look at the topics about him, fearing the worst...but it is such good news instead.

I am sure that there are others here that have helped by getting the relevant info to you. They deserve a round of applause!

Good onyer all!

So pleased to hear Ned is safe. :thumbsup:

I hardly slept last night and I am sure I am not the only one...

Ned has found a place in many of our hearts. :heart:

You're an Angel Emma. :thanks:

you're right k9angel, last night I hardly slept and a few others before. Thank you so much Emma, an angel indeed.

We tested Ned while at the the Queanbeyan pound and we thought he was a lovely senior dog who still has a zest for life. He was good on lead, could sit and drop on command. Ned also appeared to be trained to go to his bed/mat. He was good with other dogs (although we learned later he wasn't good with a dog in the (very brief) home he went to). We worked with him a few times and he was always well behaved, however at times you got the feeling that he was in a polite way, controlling what was going on. Overall during the couple of hours we were there he was calm and well-behaved.

So pleased to hear Ned is safe. :thumbsup:

I hardly slept last night and I am sure I am not the only one...

Ned has found a place in many of our hearts. :heart:

You're an Angel Emma. :thanks:

This. I kept checking until early in the morning, hoping against hope.

Thank you :thumbsup:

We worked with him a few times and he was always well behaved, however at times you got the feeling that he was in a polite way, controlling what was going on.

This is very typical of a Gordon, they are very smart, but can be stubborn and manipulative, they will put one over you if they can :laugh: I bet he's very talkative too :)

I am so glad someone is willing to give him a chance, a massive thank you to all those who worked so hard to rescue him.