Any News On Ned Please?

Guest lavendergirl

Very good news. I just hope to hear next that he continues to settle and that some loving and understanding person has adopted Ned and is willing to give him a chance to live out his days as he deserves.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! So glad he is doing well and truly hope it continues. Hopefully my home just didn't suit him. I continue hoping that I was wrong! Thanks again Emma!

You can put the same dog in 5 different homes and they will act differently in each home.

Maree

CPR

^^^ So true.

Glad to hear things are looking up for Ned. :thumbsup:

Just wondering how Ned is going. Any news?

I'm glad you asked Padraic as I was wondering the same thing :)

Ned's going great, no problems yet.

He may have a potential adoption visitors this wknd through the GS Club. A GS owner and ex-shower.

:thumbsup:

I hope he's going to find a home where he'll be inside as part of the family though. I'm happy to help with housetraining him if needed!

If the person from the GSCV takes him he will definitely be a house dog :)

Interesting to see that none of the previously reported behaviours have manifested.

An example of dogs acting differently with different people, I was at Qbyn Pound yesterday morning and a lady was there surrendering her Spoodle, he was whinging the whole time we were talking, I asked why she was surrendering him and she said he has behavioural problems, I then asked "what" problems she said that whinging that he is doing, he has done it for 5 years that I have had him, what else is wrong with him, she said "JUST THAT" :eek: She gave him to me and I put him in my car and then stood there talking to the ranger, he, Micky, layed down on my front seat "not a peep out of him" I had some errands to do for the next 2 hours and then drove to Lake George for Fiona in Goulburn to take back with her and guess what "not a peep out of him" the whole way 30 minutes all up.

Go figure

Maree

Guest lavendergirl

Interesting to see that none of the previously reported behaviours have manifested.

An example of dogs acting differently with different people, I was at Qbyn Pound yesterday morning and a lady was there surrendering her Spoodle, he was whinging the whole time we were talking, I asked why she was surrendering him and she said he has behavioural problems, I then asked "what" problems she said that whinging that he is doing, he has done it for 5 years that I have had him, what else is wrong with him, she said "JUST THAT" :eek: She gave him to me and I put him in my car and then stood there talking to the ranger, he, Micky, layed down on my front seat "not a peep out of him" I had some errands to do for the next 2 hours and then drove to Lake George for Fiona in Goulburn to take back with her and guess what "not a peep out of him" the whole way 30 minutes all up.

Go figure

Maree

It supports the argument that re-homing is sometimes best for everyone. The dog may recommence whinging in its new home though - it was probably too confused to whinge :(

Ned's going great, no problems yet.

He may have a potential adoption visitors this wknd through the GS Club. A GS owner and ex-shower.

:thumbsup:

Great news! And looks like Ned has a good future.

I agree that dogs can differ hugely from one home to another.

Neighbours got their 1st tibbie boy from a home where he kept digging out and running away.

From the first day he came next door, he never ever dug out again. Once, he was accidentally left outside the gate by a tradesman. He waited patiently next to the gate until his family came home (reported by an elderly neighbour).

Dogs 'tune into' the behaviours of various homes. That tibbie boy voted with his paws where he wanted to be.

I am not defending MuP, but dogs to act differently in different circumstances. If this dog is used to being left outside with no interaction, then he is most probably happy for the time being in a kennel with limited human interaction. It doesn't mean that MuP is necessarily lying or mistreated the dog.

My girl is an angel when she stays at Cosmolo's and sometimes exhibits fear aggression when with me. I'm not a crap owner or a liar :).

Just an update on Ned.

He is doing great at the kennels and assessed by numerous experienced dog people now.

We think he has found his perfect home with GS Lover and member of GS Vic Club. :thumbsup:

We are still in process of organising so will update again when finalised.

Thankyou to everyone for your donations and concerns.

Hopefully Ned can now live his remaining years in a great home.

:)