Any News On Ned Please?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see that none of the previously reported behaviours have manifested.

An example of dogs acting differently with different people, I was at Qbyn Pound yesterday morning and a lady was there surrendering her Spoodle, he was whinging the whole time we were talking, I asked why she was surrendering him and she said he has behavioural problems, I then asked "what" problems she said that whinging that he is doing, he has done it for 5 years that I have had him, what else is wrong with him, she said "JUST THAT" :eek: She gave him to me and I put him in my car and then stood there talking to the ranger, he, Micky, layed down on my front seat "not a peep out of him" I had some errands to do for the next 2 hours and then drove to Lake George for Fiona in Goulburn to take back with her and guess what "not a peep out of him" the whole way 30 minutes all up.

Go figure

Maree

It supports the argument that re-homing is sometimes best for everyone. The dog may recommence whinging in its new home though - it was probably too confused to whinge :(

He may start again but has not since being in care so can only go on my experience of 450 dogs coming through my care in 11 years, I don't doubt that his owner was probably a stressed person and it carried to the dog, just my observation.

Maree

CPR

I've followed Ned's story since the very first thread, but haven't posted - I'm just so so glad that things turned out the way they have. It might have been a rocky road, but kudos to all of you lovely folk who worked to hard to get Ned to a safe place. :thumbsup:

Ned leaves tomorrow from Wagga on GTE to VIC. So excited for him! He has be great at the kennels, everyone loves him. He should settle in well in his new home with a very experienced owner.

Thankyou to everyone for any donations and concerns.

Best result we could have wished for.

:thumbsup:

Guest lavendergirl

Wow what a fabulous outcome for Ned :thumbsup:

To think he came from the brink of being PTS to now be going to a loving - and experienced - home. All the best to Ned's new family.

A wonderful outcome for Ned. :thumbsup: I am not so sure about mixeduppup though. I think she meant well. I do have concern about how easy it is for someone to see a cute photo of a dog at a pound or on Facebook who is on death row, feel sorry for it, and then rush off and rescue it without having thought it through. Just my thoughts. I don't have any answers.

Ned leaves tomorrow from Wagga on GTE to VIC. So excited for him! He has be great at the kennels, everyone loves him. He should settle in well in his new home with a very experienced owner.

Thankyou to everyone for any donations and concerns.

Best result we could have wished for.

:thumbsup:

That's great news, thanks to everyone who helped this dear old boy. :thumbsup:

Edited by LabTested