Going To Bed - Doggy Style

Pollywaffle

Last night, as with almost every night, at around 7pm our little girl literally puts herself to bed; off she waddles into our bedroom, to position herself under our bed... to dream the night away. It doesn’t matter what OH or I am doing, who is in the house, what time we go to bed..she always goes off at about the same time. I just wondered if she’s unique, or whether other dogs put themselves to bed and if so, with what sort of rituals?

Kyojin puts himself to bed most nights by around 9pm. Sometimes he'll come back out and stay with us if he realises we're staying up extra late, but normally he likes to put himself to bed.

That's cute

Charlie puts himself to bed about 10pm, and come out about 11.30pm if we are still up to tell us off and go to bed too. Lights out are usually out by 11.30pm, so he doesn't like it if his routine has been ruin/changed.

Edited by W Sibs

Diesel's bedtime is 9.30pm everynight (he gets grumpy if I try and make him stay up). Rumour will stay up till I go to bed but I know she's getting really sleepy when she gets up on the couch for a cuddle

Yep my girl takes herself off to bed at around 9pm. Doesn't matter what we're doing. I swear it's so she gets the best spot on the bed :rofl:

Our other dog would NEVER do that because he might miss out on something.

Mine will hang out on the couch until I go to bed, then they all come too - two on the bed, and two on their own beds. Then they get up in the morning whenever I do, though this winter the older ones have discovered the joys of sleeping in!

hehe... my girl will snooze in her downstairs bed til we're ready, but as soon as we put a foot from the couch she's up and halfway up the stairs then waits with a pointed look like she is saying "come ON! it's BED time!" leading us towards bed...

if one of us goes to bed early she will wait halfway up the stairs and lie on a step, peeking through (I might even have a photo)... she has to make sure we all make it to bed safely :laugh:

There are dog beds or lounges in nearly every room in our house so our dogs are with us (usually sleeping) wherever we are until we go to bed. My girl and any foster dog sleeps with me and my sister's dog sleeps with her. If either of us are not going to work the following day then the dogs all switch over to whoever is still in bed. Even the most active foster dog gets hit with the slug stick and slots into the same routine here!

It seems many of our dogs are 'synced' for a 9 pm bed time all over the country! :laugh:

You can set your watch by my westie girl. At 9 pm she takes herself off to bed (corner pillow, with pillow case and Ikea rug on my bed!) - and if I don't follow soon after she comes out again and looks at me as if to say "Well... are you coming!!) I swear if she had human hips her paws would be on them!! :laugh:

There are some interesting doggy bed times around here. Georgia will snooze in her bed or on the couch till we go to bed. As soon as she hears us get up, off she toddles to her crate. Its funny though if I go to bed early, she will come with me. If hubby goes to bed early, she stays up with me... Mum rules!!! :rofl:

Mine sleep on the couch all evening after walk/dinner, then go to their beds when we go.

Do I have the only JRT/Foxy x that you have to wake up?! She is a little pocket rocket when at the park, but at home her and bed are the best of friends. In the morning she'll wait until the last possible moment before getting up to come on her walk. She has also been known to play dead to avoid being made to get up...... :laugh:

Tess & Fleming usually snooze on the sofa while I'm watching TV, but occasionally Tess will go & put herself to bed. If she decides that I'm staying up too late she'll toddle up the hallway and bark at me to hurry up :)

Flemo just waits until I'm ready.