Foster Dogs

Awww.... they really do make a lovely pair!

Loved Hoover's puppy bow in the second video... especially after Frida was being such a little terror... lol!

She certainly appears to be well motivated with your training. Whoever adopts her is going to get a real bargain - already trained to do all the good stuff!

T.

Haha! Not possible

1. Her new family are driving 9 hours all the way from Victoria to pick her up in person this weekend. They have been following her progress on the blog.

2. We can't have any foster failures otherwise we can't foster anymore! :) I would have very, very happily kept Ollie but knew I couldn't.

I can see why you foster the puppies. If I was able to work from home, I'd foster more but given our current circumstances - I think we'll have to stick with fostering dogs above 6 months. The littlies are adorable but so much more work!! And there is so much more poo and wee :rofl:

Also, I am serious - Frida is absolutely our last foster until the new year!

Edited by koalathebear

I'll admit that they do a lot of wees and poos... but the puppy breath kisses and couch cuddles are well worth it.

I'm lining up to take on a few pups from 2 litters we have at our rescue soon... probably end up with most of them... there are 14 in all! They are only 6 days apart in ages, and tracking around the same weight ranges, so it should be doable.

I've had 9 foster pups at the same time before, so what's a couple more? Do you have any idea how much poop is created by 9 pups who eat 5kgs of kibble between them EVERY day? Once you've gone through that for a few weeks, anything else is easy... lol! At least the weather is warming up a bit now, so I can utilise the dog pen in the back yard and the granny flat (for if it's cold or raining) instead of having them all pooping in a playpen in my lounge room... *grin*

Pickles is going to love being beaten up by a pack of puppies... hahahaa!

T.

I'm lining up to take on a few pups from 2 litters we have at our rescue soon... probably end up with most of them... there are 14 in all! They are only 6 days apart in ages, and tracking around the same weight ranges, so it should be doable.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:) I am in awe. We spend a lot of time running around after Frida (who is very fast) trying to get to her before she puddles :laugh:

Frida and Hoover - they look like they are singing :)

frida51.jpg

Little Miss Frida is going to be collected by her new family tomorrow. They will drive out from Victoria first thing tomorrow and be here in Canberra late afternoon.

frida57.jpg

frida58.jpg

frida65.jpg

frida66.jpg

frida68.jpg

frida69.jpg

She is such a darling little dog - so soft and cuddley. I'm sure she'll do great in her new home.

As Miss Frida was going to her new family today, Dan gave her a bath. She was not impressed. But she's now all clean, sweet-smelling and fluffy.

frida72.jpg

Her lovely new family drove a very long time (at least 9 hours) to get here. The meet and greet went very well and Frida headed off this afternoon on her long journey to her new home.

It's always very hard to say goodbye to the dogs that we foster and I confess that I cry every single time - but it makes it easier when you see them going to such beautiful new families who will adore them and love them. We are definitely taking a break from fostering until the new year!