Foster Dogs

• 2 weeks later...

Have been starting to do Smudge's music video. I got distracted though so this is not her video, but it's a video saying No to Black Dog Syndrome :) Elbie is a special guest star.

I do find it interesting that such a smart, cute and lively puppy - who I think is likely to be a very good agility prospect, gets less hits on petrescue than her littermates because she is a Black Dog. I guess only Special People want a black dog :)

I love all your videos! I am personally very drawn to black dogs because I don't think there is anything more beautiful than a shiny black coat! Even with the shar pei's wrinkles you get all this light and dark and texture that I just want to touch! I also love dark eyes hiding in dark fur!

Yep, I'm a sucker for the black ones!

Thanks guys. I'm not in a hurry to rehome her - happy to take the time it needs. I just feel bad for her that she's getting overlooked. In this instance, I can say that it really is colour because there is very little to distinguish her from her other litter-mates at this particular time except her colouring. They are all smart, cute, crate trained, getting house trained, learning tricks etc etc. Their blurbs are all kind of similar - Smudge even has MORE photos and videos but people actually have to click before they can fall in love!

Hmmmmm..... Must say I love a black dog too! Though I do also like a little bit of a 'quirk'.

I think smudge has both! I would snap her up in a heartbeat if the timing was better :( she is the sort of dog that really appeals to me and all the work you are putting into her makes it even better!

Oh well! You'll just have to keep fostering so one day I can snaffle one of your fabulous fosters! :D

Another thought, if you think she would suit dogsports, you could try marketing her to people doing them, posting on some of the agility/ flyball etc groups and if you have the chance maybe showing her off at some trials? I know of quite a few dogs in the sport scene that have found homes that way.