Foster Dogs

Thanks so much mita.

Little Nutmeg went to her new home this morning. Bawled my eyes out - guy hugged me to comfort me :p But I'm very happy for Princess Nutmeg

On the morning of her handover, Nutmeg got to sleep on the Human Bed

5august_02.jpg

She's such a pretty little girl

5august_04.jpg

She has come a long, long way!!

5august_09.jpg

Nutmeg and Smudge's last play together:

5aug_headtilt.jpg

On the way to her new home today

14august13_01.jpg

Are we there yet? It was more than three hours drive so she was a very patient little pup

14august13_02.jpg

Exploring her new home

14august13_05.jpg

Two of her new siblings

14august13_04.jpg

Have a wonderful life, sweet, sweet Smudgie :)

Edited by koalathebear

:D smudge is settling in nicely! She is such a sweetie.

We had a big day today.We met the chickens and the sheep, tried to make friends with the cats, explored some of the farm, visited the dogs I dog walk and went to work. :D

She was very well behaved! At work she met lots of people, a Rottweiler puppy and a tiny little fluffy puppy. We checked out the new dog toys, inspect the cat bowls for food, checked out the beds room and taste tested some treats.

She is now curled up in the cats bed at the end of the couch. I think she is pooped!

I'm trying to upload some photos but the iPad is not cooperating :mad

She's very, very cuddly and when she lies on the bed, she'll put her head on your leg or lean against you. When she runs, she looks like a sleek, little, black piglet. It's so cute!

I did do some very basic clicker training with her - charged the clicker so she knows that a clicker means a treat. I also used it to start sending her to her crate but didn't get beyond that.

Can't wait to see some photos! If you email them to me I can upload them for you - or are they just Stuck Stuck :D

Remember when Nutmeg and Smudge met some little kids. It clearly made a great impression. Ani has mentioned them often and drew a picture, too.

anidrawings01.jpg

Her mum says: "Ani has done many artworks of nutmeg and smudge "so I still remember them" (insert lengthy heartbroken sigh)."

So cute :)

Now that Nutmeg and Smudge are adopted out, we're taking a break from fostering, but this morning we went to help liberate this little guy from Gundagai Pound and get him started on his new journey.

ducky00.jpg

So cute. But malnourished :'(

He looks like a baby Elbie (see below) - so we had to get him out

elbie119-1.jpg

elbieclone.jpg

Here he is, broken out of jail and at the Tuckerbox, en route to foster care.

ducky01.jpg

ducky03.jpg

Then it was off to a different rural pound to hand him over to his ride to Sydney and into foster care :) At the other pound, we met up with two Kelpies who had just been rescued and were also heading off to get looked at by a vet and then into foster care

ducky02.jpg

This is Spin, a one year old Kelpie boy - such a smoocher. A real sweetie.

spin01.jpg

Edited by koalathebear