Foster Dogs

• 2 weeks later...

Very alert little puppy

takeshi33.jpg

takeshi34.jpg

takeshi35.jpg

Alas, the 'car sickness' that his previous owners had told us about, turned out to be a fairly severe gastro issue that required treatment, taking him back and forth between emergency vet and day vet for a few days.

takeshi40.jpg

takeshi39.jpg

He was pretty wretched for a few days 

takeshi46.jpg

He got some lovely support from everyone, including the children of friends and people who had adopted previous dogs from us

takeshi48.jpg

takeshi49.jpg   takeshi50.jpg

Finally he came home!

takeshi51.jpg

takeshi53.jpg

takeshi54.jpg

takeshi55.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/5/2018 at 7:01 PM, tdierikx said:

Nawwww... how precious is he?

Glad to see he got better so fast... and he's looking great now.

T.

Thank you and thanks so much for your help and support.  It was very stressful there for a time.  He was so thin and tiny when he first came into care.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Some more photos of Takeshi :)

takeshi104.jpg

takeshi106.jpg

Takeshi and Hoover

takeshi119.jpg

Dodge & Takeshi

takeshi120a.jpg

Takeshi with Dodge & Hoover

takeshi120c.jpg

takeshi122.jpg

Visit from fellow DOLer chequeredblackdog and two of her dogs

takeshi151.jpg

Takeshi & Reggie

takeshi152.jpg

Takeshi's first Christmas

takeshi169.jpg

takeshi171.jpg

He's doing well in training. 
takeshi172.jpg

He started puppy classes last week and is doing great.  He is also going on trial adoption on 10 January :)

takeshi174.jpg

takeshi176.jpg

• Like 2

Two of our former fosters - Juniper and Evie have just welcomed new members to their family.  The adopters have been very careful about introductions and supervision and all is going well.

Juniper has little Fraser 

babyupdate01.jpg

And Evie has little Finley.

babyupdate02.jpg

Meanwhile, former foster Willow likes supervising when her humans are playing

willowupdate57.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Takeshi

takeshi179.jpg

Cute Takeshi

takeshi181.jpg

Christmassy Takeshi

takeshi183.jpg

takeshi185.jpg

takeshi187.jpg

takeshi222.jpg

takeshi225.jpg

takeshi227.jpg

Playing with former foster Dyson

takeshi194.jpg

He's going on trial adoption on 10 January 2019 and the adopting family have his crate as he's had the occasional day visit and sleepover.  What that means is that he's been upgraded to the 'adult' soft crate at our house which means we've had to make it smaller for him.  Here he is enjoying both the 'ground' floor and the 'loft' space 

takeshi269.jpg

takeshi201.jpg

Boxing Day Kelpie

takeshi263.jpg

Gorgeous boy.  Sadly he's going to be renamed Jack but that's part of fostering :)

takeshi259.jpg

• Like 5

I hardly ever post but just wanted to say that I love your posts and photos. Your passion and love for these dogs is evident in every photo/post and what you do for them is amazing :)

• Like 3

KTB this thread always lifts my spirits which are often sagging. Your dogs are so loved and your photos so beautiful and lifelike that I can see the expression in the dogs' eyes and I want to reach out and pat them. You are an inspiration and you make the world and DOL a better place. Thanks for sharing and a happy new year to you and your entire household.

11 hours ago, FootprintsinSand said:

KTB this thread always lifts my spirits which are often sagging. Your dogs are so loved and your photos so beautiful and lifelike that I can see the expression in the dogs' eyes and I want to reach out and pat them. You are an inspiration and you make the world and DOL a better place. Thanks for sharing and a happy new year to you and your entire household.

Thank you so much everyone for their kind comments.

footprintsinthesand - I'm sorry to hear that your spirits are often sagging but very delighted to hear that you enjoy reading about our fosters.  We are sooooooooooooo lucky that all 19 of our adopters still keep in touch with us, some more regularly than others.

Former foster Juniper received her Onyx title in Flyball (1300 points) last month

juniperupdate47.jpg

Present from her adopting family on her Gotcha Day - she was adopted December 2013 and lives in Murrumbatemen.

juniperupdate48.jpg

She's come a long way since being dumped at Gundagai Pound.
juniper00.jpg

Photo of Baxter.  He was adopted September 2012.  He now lives with a cat and a small child who came along well after he had been adopted.  
baxterxmas2018.jpg

He has come a long way since being dumped not once but twice at the pound in Canberra and goes on regular runs with his dad.
nova00.jpg

This is former foster Miller who was adopted September 2013.  His family moved to Melbourne a few years back where his dad is now a firefighter.
millerxmas2018.jpg

Former foster Smudge who lives in Orange.  Smudge was adopted in August 2013.  She became a flyball champion but alas had to retire early due to injury.  We see her and her owner very regularly when they come to Canberra for flyball competitions.
smudgieupdate48.jpg

Nutmeg, now Nina.  She lives on Phillip Island, Victoria.  She was adopted August 2013, slightly before Smudge.
nutmegxmas2018_01.jpg

nutmegxmas2018_02.jpg

nutmegxmas2018_03.jpg

It's kind of surreal seeing how far Smudge and Nutmeg have come since their days of being part of the Walgett 6 Litter i.e. the parvo puppies
bcxcattlepups_zpsb4f8bf11.jpg

This was Smudge & Nutmeg at the emergency vet after they were diagnosed with parvo.  They both almost died and one of their litter did die.
donate.jpg

Former foster Monkey at the beach
monkeyupdate19.jpg

With his brother Otso
monkeyupdate20.jpg

Enjoying a Christmas toy
monkeyupdate23.jpg

He's come a long way in a short time since being dumped at Gundagai Pound.  Here's his unflattering pound photograph
monkey01.jpg

Former foster Ollie. He was our first ever foster dog and you can see his photos at the very start of this thread :)  He was adopted August 2012 and lives in Bungendore.  He's the fluffer on the left
olliexmas2018_01.jpg

Still snoozy
olliexmas2018_02.jpg

Still has the guyliner
olliexmas2018_04.jpg

Still so handsome
olliexmas2018_09.jpg

Pound photo from Griffith Pound.  He was our first foster and had kennel cough - we thought he was dying!!!
olliepound.jpg

Former foster Evie.  She has come a long way since being found under a bush at Gundagai.  She was the only dog we've ever had who has vomited up living, wriggling worms ... ewww.  She is now living with her new baby (human) brother and has a 'cousin' named Piglet who is a Cavalier King Charles.
evie214.jpg

Former foster Twiggy who was adopted back in April 2014.
twiggyupdate16.jpg

She has come a HUGE way ... she was skinny and terrified when she first came into care.  Although a little porkier than we'd like, her adopter has trained her well and she's a fully accredited Delta Therapy dog now which is huge given how terrified she was in the beginning.  She spends a lot of time on boats as her dad sails recreationally.
twiggyupdate.jpg

• Like 4