Foster Dogs

I'm loving all the updates. I especially love that all the dogs are inside.

It must make you so happy KB that you are making a difference to the dogs and their new families. :)

Awww, thank you. I love getting the updates, too and it's nice that two sets of adopters have also become foster carers. I love seeing how beloved the dogs are. here's a photo of our former fosters and their new families

10990879_10153112247617152_706478737960152337_n.jpg

Cricket had an informal meet and greet today - if we have a foster, it usually comes with my husband to pick me up at work, so it's a chance for people at work to meet fosters. My husband gave him a bath and also put a bow tie on him :)

cricket101.jpg

cricket102.jpg

cricket103.jpg

cricket104.jpg

cricket105.jpg

cricket106.jpg

The potential applicants loved him so we'll do the formal yard check and meet and greet on Sunday and see how he goes. Fingers crossed he gets along well with their Golden Retriever and elderly cat ...

Edited by koalathebear

All paws crossed here for Cricket. He is most certainly dressed for the occasion too :p

You do an amazing job KTB :thumbsup: I love this thread. All the lovely updates of happy much loved dogs in there forever homes. Just beautiful :thanks:

Edited by BC Crazy

Not sure if people remember Nutmeg (from the Nutmeg and Smudge the puppies we nursed back from parvo). Here's her pound photo and the day she was adopted in August 2013 - her family drove from Victoria to Canberra to pick her up :)

5august_09.jpg

She's living in Victoria now and doted on by her family

ninamarch2015_03.jpg

Edited by koalathebear

• 4 weeks later...

Another photo of Cricket while he was spending his day with his potential new family

cricket118.jpg

They're on holiday now so the trial will start when they're back in town. Meanwhile, he's with us :)

cricket112.jpg

cricket120.jpg

We're doing gradual exposures to cats to desensitise him to them as he finds them very interesting.

Not content with being a flyball whiz, former foster Smudge (parvo survivor and adopted in August 2013) is now trying her paw at agility. We caught up with her when she was in town for an agility trial

smudgeapril_16.jpg

Her new mum chequeredblackdog sent me some other update photos :)

smudgeapril_39.jpg

smudgeapril_40.jpg

Edited by koalathebear

Former foster Juniper, adopted December 2013, snoozing with her sister Jazz after flyball training

juniperupdate16.jpg

Former foster Baxter (was Nova), who was adopted in September 2012, is now living with a cat :)

baxterapril2015update01.jpg

Former foster Twiggy, adopted August 2014 has forgotten her miserable beginnings and is a smiley girl now

twiggyupdate10.jpg

Former foster Frida, adopted in October 2012 is having a ball with one of her humans

fridaupdate17.jpg

Inspired by this post, , I did some Before and After thingies for our foster dogs, too. Not quite so dramatic as some of those photos because luckily none of our dogs were in that bad a state.

Edited by koalathebear

Awww, thanks all. We have wonderful families who have adopted our doggies. Cricket goes on trial this weekend and I am feeling all emo and sad ... he's so comfortable here and thinks this is his home. I know he'll be great though but look at this little face ...

cricket119.jpg

Baxter's photo makes me giggle. He looks a bit like he's shocked he's been sprung with the cat lol.

Hahah, he does! Baxter is hilarious. He has a very expressive face. Look how pampered he is. This is when he's with his dad

baxterapril2015update02.jpg

This is when he's with his mum - they have shared custody of him following their divorce

baxterapril2015update03.jpg

baxterapril2015update04.jpg

Former foster Sunny (was Cupcake)

cupcake289.jpg

cupcake300.jpg

cupcake297.jpg

One of her mums injured her knee badly so Sunny has been comforting her

cupcake293.jpg

cupcake305.jpg

cupcake306.jpg

cupcake307.jpg

And this is Sunny and the resident cat Cinnamon. Cinnamon didn't like Sunny at first but they now sleep together, lick each other's faces and are kind of friends :)

cupcake308.jpg