Can I Ask For Some Prayers For My Furbaby?

esky

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm absolutely thinking of you Esky and all you are going through at the moment...with every heartache you have, you have also been given such a blessing by knowing these little ones....we are all so much richer for having dogs in our lives.

Hi all,

Once again, thank you for your kind words & support - to someone feeling down & alone you may never know what it has meant :grouphug:

Was a quiet night - phones by the bed & praying they didnt ring (I think you all have been through that too).

I rang vet at 7am as instructed & thankfully Penny is still with us :)

The vet siad though that they have tried to wean down her frusemide (sp?) but her chest filled again so they dosed her up again & it has cleared again.

She said she is still oxygen dependant though which is worrying me. I lost a boy to heart failure a couple of years ago & we couldn't take him off oxygen for the couple of days before he died. Before that, he coped with his bad heart for a few months so I am not sure if that means Penny is at the bad stage or not??

She hasn't eaten for 30 or so hours but I guess there's a lot of reasons why including stress.

I do get to go see her though at 2pm so can't wait for that! I guess I have hounded them till they have given in :D

I just want to bring her home - it's amazing that no matter how many you have, you instantly notice there is one missing & it feels empty.

I really appreciate everyone's kind words - it is nice to hear some think I do a wonderful job but I really don't do anything different to everyone else.

I actually do a lot less as I only have to focus on my own as I don't have a rescue to run or the heartbreak of going to pounds etc.

As far as that goes, I idolise groups like Senior Dog Rescue who do the work of angels. I do try to help other rescue groups where I can (transport, donations etc) but I know I don't have the emotional strength or the input that others do.

It is a blessing though to have the oldies I have & with each one that comes here so does the love.

Hi Lillypilly,

Penny is here because of you remember! She loved her time with you & NSW Animal Rescue before she could come here. I think she spent a few weeks with you whilst she was desexed & health checked & she was so well looked after. When I worried if it would be fair to bring her here with other dogs or go to a home where she was the only dog you reassured me to try & the rest is history!

Would you believe that was already 4 & 1/2 years ago :eek:

Hi Esky, I sure do remember the pretty little Penny. It really does not seem like 4 & 1/2 yesars ago. We sure have had some adventures in that time. Luv and prayers to you, Penny and the crew.

I have just come into this thread....hugs to you Esky & I hope that you get to bring Penny home. Good on you for taking in the oldies...I am afraid I wouldn't be able to handle the heartbreak to do that :( I met someone recently who had just taken on the rescue of a 14 year old border collie & wanted to give him the best of everything for his last innings.

:grouphug: to you & Penny & hoping for good news soon.