Can I Ask For Some Prayers For My Furbaby?

esky

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww Esky

I am soo sorry to hear this :cry:

Penny wanted to be home with you and her family for her final breath and in your arms

and you gave her her wish and the comfort and love

My Deepest Condolances to you

:hug:

R.I.P Precious Penny

Run Free at the Bridge

I have been reading through your post everyday. She was a very luck girl who had an exceptional mum to take care of her and for what it is worth I think you did the right thing and being with you at home in the end would have been peaceful for her and will give you the best memories you can have at such a traumatic time...

Hi esky, I have been following this thread, but haven't had anything to add. Just wanted to say I am glad you got to say goodbye to Penny at home, and that she was more relaxed in her home during her last few hours. Thinking of you.

Run free Penny :rainbowbridge:

Guest lavendergirl

Esky you did totally the right thing by bringing Penny home - she knew she was in her home and was happy. RIP sweet little girl. :cry:

I am sorry to say that my precious Penny died in my arms at home at 5.30 this morning :cry:

She ate some syringed food, was drinking, did have a little pee & had been ok but she wouldn't sleep. She took her meds ok a few hours before & had actually wandered up the back yard & sat in her favourite spot for a short while. She was resting on my bed with me most of the night. She wanted to get down at one stage & I put her down on the floor & she went straight over to her special sleeping spot where she claimed the last few years.

I brought her back up on the bed after a short while again & she wandered over to lean on me. She looked up at me differently - enough that I phoned the emergency vet to see if I should bring her over for a check. I only managed to get changed & within a minute she had started to go limp. I grabbed her, held her, told her I loved her & she was gone.

PLease know that my vet was happy she came home as she was stable & off oxygen. It was definitely not he wrong decision to bring her home. As soon as she got home yesterday she brightened up & relaxed. I believe she knew she didn't have long when she visited both her special places last night.

I want to thank everyone for their replies & prayers - I didn't feel so alone & that is a very special gift. Some may think a brief message doesn't do much & maybe not worth bothering but know it makes an immense difference to someone in dire straights.

A special thanks to k9angel & Lillypilly for their extra special care - you got me through.

ESKY condolances on your loss. Penny was a lucky pup to pass held in the loving arms of her family.

RIP penny dear.. long may your memory warm the hearts of those who love you and miss you.

Blessings

helen

So sorry for your loss of Penny Esky. At least she got to come home, in familiar territory & very comfortable. Funny you should say that Penny 'looked at you differently' as my heart dog did

the very same thing before his passing. And they say dogs can't talk. R.I.P. Penny, run free girl :angel::rainbowbridge:

:cry:

I am so so sorry Esky. :hug:

Penny was truly blessed to have such a caring and committed Mum.

You did the right thing by bringing her home where she felt comfortable and where she was surrounded by those who love her. :heart:

R.I.P. Sweet little Penny. xxx :rainbowbridge: