Wooden Floors

Baby Dragon

Guest _MADCAT_

My goodness yes! Having a great dane x, a bullmastiff and a bullmastiff puppy our floors are ruined!

The great dane x shepherd/rotty doesn't understand "slow" so he tries running in the house - we are very much so trying to train him out of it and since having our bitch puppy he is learning to walk slow otherwise she gets under his legs..

But we love our pack and wouldn't have it any other way! (My poor car keeps getting trashed too! )

Will have to try to eventually fix the floors when we sell the house haha

Another one here with new wooden, very badly scratched floors. As soon as your dog move quickly or runs, thats when the damage is done.

We will repair ours early spring time as we are putting our home on the market. Thats just what happens I guess with having your dogs as they should be, part of the family. I don't like it but I choose to call it "giving the house character" :)

Hardwood floor will withstand dog nails but pine will not.

You have to be careful with polished floors that the dog is not allowed to run and slide around the house as it can injure their tendons and ligaments.

This, although in my pups case, Hygromas. Just had 60mls of fluid drained from his elbow today :( I've ordered some Ruff Wear boots to stop him slipping.

Our floors are pretty trashed because they are pine. Our first two dogs used to go racing around the corner from lounge room to front door and skid a bit on the floor. We put a large rug with a non skid mat undernearth in the middle of the lounge to help them get traction and protect the floor. Our current two dogs dont sleep in the loungeroom and dont race outside at 100 miles an hour so the floors have stayed pretty much the same for the past 2 years

I have hardwood floors with a pretty strong varnish on it, and my pug doesn't do too much damage. The main thing that damages my floors is dragging furniture, so it seems to need something heavy to damage it, not light like a dog.

We have hardwood floors which have no marks from lots and lots of corgi traffic as well as large breed dogs who visit. Any marks on the floors are from moving furniture incorrectly or my brothers and I when we were kids.

That is one of the benefits of laminate - it is harder to scratch. A guy in a floor shop demoed how hardy it was for me when I told him I was worried about the dogs. He made a mess out of a bit of hardwood but didn't dent the laminate.

This thread disappoints me! Ive always wanted floorboards when I finally get my own place, I love the look. But hearing that they can get scratched so easily I think I'll stick with tiles/carpet. :laugh:

We have solid Marri floorboards and a boxer.

Yes, not too bad.....but scratched. Mostly 'excitement skids' near the front door. :o

I figure we'll just sand and re-polish before selling.

edit: scratches aren't as frequent since I started dremelling his nails.

Edited by trinabean

This thread disappoints me! Ive always wanted floorboards when I finally get my own place, I love the look. But hearing that they can get scratched so easily I think I'll stick with tiles/carpet. :laugh:

I'd always wanted wooden floors too, until I got them. :laugh: Now that we've moved I'm so stoked with having tiles and carpet!!

Having lived in a brand new home with 2 mini schnauzers, before we sold the home after 2 years, the entire bottom storey had to be sanded and polished because it was open plan. When building our current home, we decided to tile the entire area 220mtrs. with porcelein tiles, our bedroom included only because of the dogs. No wear and tear.