Wooden Floors

Baby Dragon

I pretty much have always had haardwood floors, just love them even though they do scratch. I think they are a much more healthy option than carpet & warmer than tiles. I don't like tiles because I am a clean freak

& end up having to always be at the grout with a toothbrush to keep it clean :o I only like carpet in the bedrooms. I have found wooden floors are by far the easiest to keep clean & I have found the trick to camouflaging

any scratches that may occur is when they are varnished after they are put down, choose a matt finished varnish not a high gloss finish. Much easier to maintain too as it doesn't show the dust etc as much :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Hardwood Floorboards are definitely the healthiest and easiest to clean flooring option. And they look the nicest in my opinion. Even with scratches. Including the dog as part of the family will most likely result in scratches but that is all a part of living. I think someone has mentioned it gives the floor 'character'. That's how I like to see it. :)

Hardwood Floorboards are definitely the healthiest and easiest to clean flooring option. And they look the nicest in my opinion. Even with scratches. Including the dog as part of the family will most likely result in scratches but that is all a part of living. I think someone has mentioned it gives the floor 'character'. That's how I like to see it. :)

I'm of the same opinion. A bit of scratching doesn't bother me at all, I love a worn look on hardwood :)

Yep, timber flooring gotta love the scratches

It does just go hand in hand with having them as part of the family, aswell as the hair and drool everywhere!!!

I wouldnt have it any other way

A vac and a mop and all good to go :)

I love the "gives it character" nice :)

I rent my house, its about 100000 years old (no, really. Our light switches are strings hanging from the ceiling, and there are fire places in every room) so our floors are the sturdy ones from the _olden days_ ;) even my landlords didnt mind me having dogs on them!

When i was on holidays in Europe I found doggy socks in a pet store ... with little non-slip pads on the bottom of them so I got them for max :D I haven't tried them yet coz she loves skittering around on the floor.

Edited by minimax

I rent my house, its about 100000 years old (no, really. Our light switches are strings hanging from the ceiling, and there are fire places in every room) so our floors are the sturdy ones from the _olden days_ ;) even my landlords didnt mind me having dogs on them!

When i was on holidays in Europe I found doggy socks in a pet store ... with little non-slip pads on the bottom of them so I got them for max :D I haven't tried them yet coz she loves skittering around on the floor.

That's the kind of house I love! Gorgeous, so much character, I hate modern places.

As was said too, my place is constantly hairy and drooly anyway so what's a few scratches :laugh:

We have a "no running in the house" rule in our house because it used to be a free for all when we first got Stella. Sonny would chase her around the house playing. So its "outside to play" & we have suffered minimal damage since we have implimented this :)