Tooth Cleaning Products/chews

I've never heard of dental dinosaurs before... are they similar to nylabones in material or made of animal product?

They are simliar to Nylabones, but the plastic seems harder to me than most of the other products.

I hope this link will work:

http://www.petedge.com/shopping/product/de...&iProductID=372

They come in various dino shapes and last a long time. I like using natural bones too, but they are messy indoors. The DDs are great for inside the house.

Edited by mersonmalinois

Guest Tiggy

What are Greenies? I give my dog a Nature's Gift rawhide chewbone twice a week. These are my favourite because their natural but not his favourite, he usually bury's them before eating them but I don't like giving him the kind of chews he likes because they have artificial colours and flavours and who knows what else. I do give him plenty of raw bones but soft bones only because he doesn't chew hard bones up properly and will spew up or poo out big bits of sharp bone which is scary, so I like to give him a couple of chews a week so he does get something hard to chew on.

We have a dental kong... unfortunately it was the biggest waste of money ever... its just a toy for the dogs to carry around! My dogs have always had raw bones (marrow cut in 1/2) or raw chicken frames/necks/wings... Our old vet always said Molly had the best teeth he had ever seen in a dog her age... so good old fashioned raw bones get our vote here.

Jacqui

We do have dental dinosaurs over here... my local pet shop (the no puppy pet shop that I buy stuff from :( ) has a really good range of nylabone stuff... and they have the dinosaurs. Thats the only place I have ever seen them though. My kids have never really been interested in them.

It amazes me how interested my kids are in the OTHER dog's bone when the other dog has finished with it. They are housed separately but once Poppy has access to Tbone's old bone she think's its the best thing ever!!! Same if he can get into her enclosure and get her bone its like having a whole new one all over again!!

Tiggy - Not sure where you are in Perth... but City Farmers in Malaga has them, so I assume most City Farmers stores would stock them and also Bone-A-Mints (similar thing).

My vet (Ballajura Vet) also stocks them.

Not that I have bought a pack yet, but you can now buy greenies in bulk (save about 25%) packs, still makes them far too expensive fo rme though.

Maybe all the DOLers should band together and write to the manufacturers of Greenies and tell them that we'd buy the product more if it was actually affordable!!!

My two get beef marrow bones, but beef neck is their favourite at the moment (my butcher sells them whole)