Desperately Seeking Alphabet Ball

clayton.lee

My dog has a favourite ball.

It looks like this:

12349.jpg

It is not very durable. But it is only around $5, and he has had about 20 of them. And they were all his favourite thing.

They have now suddenly disappeared from all stores, both online and in the real world.

Because they don't last, he has rapidly run through his supplies. We have dug up every last bloody alphabet ball from the backyard. We found all the ones that had rolled under the seat of my car. We even found one that he had buried at his grand(dog)mothers house.

I fear they have been discontinued for ever, and he will spend his remaining years pining for a cheap, disintegrating latex ball.

From what I can find, they were a Petz Plus item, called "Latex Alphabet Ball", but I am having no luck tracking them down.

Because you are on this forum, you understand that I would gladly spend $200 to buy him a lifetime supply of balls and ration them out once every six months.

Actually - because you are on this forum you know that isn't true, and when I found them and they arrived I would put them all in his bed at once and let him roll around in them.

So if you know where I might track these down, please let me know.

If not for me, do it for Dougal.

2324392.jpg

Edited by clayton.lee

Oooh my Poodle has her favourite ball too and it looks quite similar, I'll take a picture and post it in a minute. We always find them in Coles!

We've also had to stock up on them :laugh:

Edited by DogNerd

photo114.jpg

photo312.jpg

Is this it? Sorry about the size. They come in red, blue and yellow. There's a B, C and A on this one and a little white paw on top. Poor Dougal. Tilly knows what it's like though.

Edited by DogNerd

I'll check out the Coles stores around Sydney and see if we can find some for him. Poor little guy, I do know what it's like to find out your favourite thing is no longer available! Do they have to be the yellow ones?

Edited by minimax

Aww poor little fella, i know when Abbey breaks her favourite toy she gets so sad, ive got a stock of these stuffed small black dog that honks when she grabs it in the middle, they finally got them her locally at our Big W cause otherwise i could only get them in Sydney.

Ill have a look around for an alphabet ball for him.

• 3 months later...