Urgent - Barney Pure Black Poodle

I know this is short notice but I have a friend who is due to fly out to Ireland tomorrow and the place she had lined up (for the last 2 months) for poor Barney has pulled out, today (great notice)...

Anyway this is what I know:

Barney is a desexed male poodle who is only a small boy (not a toy but probably about as high as my staffy boy - much finer in build though, sorry I know nothing about poodles).

He has been vaccinated (C3).

He is good with other dogs and lives with a little old cross breed who the original foster mum is still taking on.

Barney is a bit stressed at present with all the changes going on around him and as he apparently gets worse when confined or crated his owner now wants to rehome him here in Australia, instead of trying to fly him over to Ireland in a couple of months as she is worried that he will hurt himself in the crate on the plane when he goes over. In saying that, he still needs immediate care if anyone has a place or can help.

So we need a foster carer or permanent home for Barney as soon as possible.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance..

Please PM me for her contact details and I will pass them onto you to deal directly with the owner, if you can help.

Edited by Staffyluv

Where is Barney located?

He is in Canberra, sorry Gilly - I knew I would forget something..

Poor boy, I feel so sorry for him and his owner.

She planned to have both dogs flown over in a couple of months when she settled and found the right place. But she needs to find care for him until then with the possibility of him not coming if he won't stay in the crate on the plane as he is not doing well with crate training at all.

There is a Poodle Rescue in NSW and they often have a waiting list, I've managed to get dogs rehomed at the pounds through that.

Have you contacted Keetamouse as maybe Canberra Pooch Rescue can help?

Thanks DM, I have sent a message to CPR and ARF.

I will let his owner know about Poodle Rescue in NSW

Here is a quick blurb on Barney from his owner:

Barney is a miniature poodle and was born on 9/2/2006 – which makes him about 6 years and 5 months old. He is a desexed and microchipped male dog, and his C5 vaccinations are up to date. He currently is on heart worm tablets.

Barney loves other dogs, babies, kids and people, and is a very very sociable dog. He is most definitely housetrained, and is great at going to the toilet when and where he is supposed to - he will pee on command before going on a car trip or coming inside. Barney is quite obedient, but also is very loving, and all who meet him describe him as somewhat of a character.

Barney has been getting clipped regularly since he was 3 months old, and has a groupie following on the live stream the groomer runs – many people log in just to watch him sing and ham it up with his groomer.

A morning walk is what makes his day, and he is quite happy to just chill out most of the day after this. At night he will either sleep in his own bed, but if allowed, loves to cuddle up under the doona too.

I can't seem to save the pic she sent but he is black and has a groovy haircut...

Barney is a miniature poodle and was born on 9/2/2006 – which makes him about 6 years and 5 months old. He is a desexed and microchipped male dog, and his C5 vaccinations are up to date. He currently is on heart worm tablets.

Barney loves other dogs, babies, kids and people, and is a very very sociable dog. He is most definitely housetrained, and is great at going to the toilet when and where he is supposed to - he will pee on command before going on a car trip or coming inside. Barney is quite obedient, but also is very loving, and all who meet him describe him as somewhat of a character.

Barney has been getting clipped regularly since he was 3 months old, and has a groupie following on the live stream the groomer runs – many people log in just to watch him sing and ham it up with his groomer.

A morning walk is what makes his day, and he is quite happy to just chill out most of the day after this. At night he will either sleep in his own bed, but if allowed, loves to cuddle up under the doona too.

I can't seem to save the pic she sent but he is black and has a groovy haircut...

sent you a pm..........:o)

sent you a pm..........:o)

I haven't received a PM from you..

Can you help with rehoming him?

Cheers

Jodie

Is Barney able to get to Sydney before his owner leaves?

She probably could have or organised someone else to do so but I am the phone to his owner (bawling her eyes out) as I type and a lovely foster carer from CARA has a space for him..

Thanks everyone for the messages and calls - it looks like the lad is OK...

Is Barney able to get to Sydney before his owner leaves?

She probably could have or organised someone else to do so but I am the phone to his owner (bawling her eyes out) as I type and a lovely foster carer from CARA has a space for him..

Thanks everyone for the messages and calls - it looks like the lad is OK...

I sent another one as I have a couple with a little shihtzu x who are looking to add to the family....if we can get him to the wyong with a current c5 certificate I can have hi here ......

If he has care with cara thats great....but if he needs a forever home....this may be it.

Just to let you know Barney arrived into my care last night. Hes a lovely boy who was quite heartbroken when his owner left. He was a bit unsettled during the night, hoping that every car that went past was going to be his Mum's. Poor baby. After the kids left for school this morning we went out for a long walk, then we went for a drive in the car. He has been much more settled since. We walked to school this arvo and he loved meeting all the kids. He has finally eaten and is now sound asleep in his bed. I think he'll sleep well tonight and I'm looking forward to a bit more sleep too :laugh: In a day or two he'll be feeling quite at home. Such a shame he has one more upheaval ahead of him, but I'll make sure it's a perfect home for him.

Just to let you know Barney arrived into my care last night. Hes a lovely boy who was quite heartbroken when his owner left. He was a bit unsettled during the night, hoping that every car that went past was going to be his Mum's. Poor baby. After the kids left for school this morning we went out for a long walk, then we went for a drive in the car. He has been much more settled since. We walked to school this arvo and he loved meeting all the kids. He has finally eaten and is now sound asleep in his bed. I think he'll sleep well tonight and I'm looking forward to a bit more sleep too :laugh: In a day or two he'll be feeling quite at home. Such a shame he has one more upheaval ahead of him, but I'll make sure it's a perfect home for him.

Oh thank you so much for taking him on...

I have known Barney and his owner for a very long time... I know Jen was heartbroken to ,wave him and basil...

Barney is a lovely boy who will do much better being rehomed in Australia rather than being shipped overseas (the crated flight would not be good for for him)..

I hope he finds the perfect home....

Thanks again..