Jen Jen

Gallomph

I lost my sweet old girl Jen Jen last week.

Jen was the second of my adoptees from Senior Dog Rescue. She had been rescued from the pound in an awful state, practically bald and with blackened, crusty skin. The marvellous folks at Seniors put a huge amount of time, effort and love into rehabilitating her, and eventually her lovely coat and her sweet but feisty personality came to the fore. I adopted her two years ago, and she stayed with me for her retirement years.

Jen Jen didn't care much for other dogs, but she loved ear rubs and cuddles with her person, enjoyed wombling around in the garden, sniffing the breeze, and loved to snooze away the day out on the verandah if the weather was pleasant. She was a lovely, quiet, undemanding companion.

post-18621-0-43228200-1343300827_thumb.jpg

I lost my sweet old girl Jen Jen last week.

Jen was the second of my adoptees from Senior Dog Rescue. She had been rescued from the pound in an awful state, practically bald and with blackened, crusty skin. The marvellous folks at Seniors put a huge amount of time, effort and love into rehabilitating her, and eventually her lovely coat and her sweet but feisty personality came to the fore. I adopted her two years ago, and she stayed with me for her retirement years.

Jen Jen didn't care much for other dogs, but she loved ear rubs and cuddles with her person, enjoyed wombling around in the garden, sniffing the breeze, and loved to snooze away the day out on the verandah if the weather was pleasant. She was a lovely, quiet, undemanding companion.

I remember little Jen Jen and was so happy when seniors were able to get her....sad for your loss.

I too remember Jen Jen at Seniors and always thought how lovely it was of you to adopt both the little dogs. They were so lucky to live out their life with you, being loved and cared for. Thinking of you.

Thanks everyone.

I knew when I adopted the oldies that I might not have them for many years, but it's been gut-wrenching losing both of them within a month. :(

You gave them all the comforts and love an oldie needed. I am so sorry you lost them both so close together. :hug: