Werribee-barwon (sat 4/8)

Dellcara

via FaceBook ....

WERRIBEE-BARWON CANINE CLUB INC. Due to the fantastic entry, the Committee has had to appoint two extra judges.Group 1,3,5, and 6 are the groups affected.

The list is as follows:

Mrs S Lane (NSW) Group 1A (Chihuahua Long and Short Coats) Papillons.

Mr P Martin (SA) Group 1B (Balance of breeds & Specials).

Ms C Stuart (NSW) Group 2

Mrs S Lane (NSW) Group 3A (English Springer Spaniels, German Shorthaired

Pointers, Golden Retrievers).

Ms D Crofts (NSW) Group 3B (Balance of Breed & Specials).

Mr G Kerr (Q'LD) Group 4

Mrs S Lane (NSW) Group 5A (Shetland Sheepdog)

Mrs J Ashton (SA) 5B (Balance of Breed & Specials)

Proff B Corbitt (Vic) Group 6A (Rottweiler, Samoyed)

Mrs F Matthews (Q;ld) Group 6B (Balance of Breed & Specials)

Mrs N Zimmerle (Q'ld) Group 7

Mrs S Lane will now judge Groups 3A, 1A,and 5A in that order.

Prof Corbitt 6A

With the current KC outbreak, it would be sensible to have all outside and I must say that many will hope that General Specials are outside too, for that very reason. One affected dog could do a lot of damage, inside a space filled with other canines.

Hopefully people are responsible and don't take an infected dog to a ground that has had KC in the last few weeks...and for that matter stays away from the show themselves :)

Especially before the big Spring Fair shows which many Victorians will he headed too :-)

Does anyone know if Group 5 is at the bottom like normal or are we up with everyone else?

They should stay home, with ALL dogs that have been around dogs with KC, but we all KNOW that they wont...a ribbon, a challenge a group win is way more important to some than other peoples dogs health

with all this talk about people whose dogs have Kennel Cough or have since contracted it .... I hope anyone entered at Melbourne Royal read one of the conditions of entry that you signed ....

"I certify that the exhibit/s has/have not within a period of three months from the first day of the Royal Melbourne Show been in a kennel affected by distemper, canine hepatitis, parvo virus or any other contagious or infectious disease and that during the last 12 months prior to the date of this Royal Melbourne Show the exhibit/s was/were vaccinated."

with all this talk about people whose dogs have Kennel Cough or have since contracted it .... I hope anyone entered at Melbourne Royal read one of the conditions of entry that you signed ....

"I certify that the exhibit/s has/have not within a period of three months from the first day of the Royal Melbourne Show been in a kennel affected by distemper, canine hepatitis, parvo virus or any other contagious or infectious disease and that during the last 12 months prior to the date of this Royal Melbourne Show the exhibit/s was/were vaccinated."

Well I have asked this very question to the VCA and also mentioned that it was on my old entry forms but has been removed from their new ones online. No comment has been forthcoming. I understood that this Rule would apply but there are so many people saying it is not so, I have asked for it to be clarified.

I have been showing Interstate for almost 2 months so missed the outbreak but do not want it now with Royals coming up. Will the VCA make comment and state where everyone stands? I have told them I Quarantined all my dogs for 3 months, 2 years ago after picking up KC at the Park. Has something changed?

Thanks for raising this, as people need to know what the Rule is and can act accordingly.

V

Happened a few years ago,only the dog was around parvo.It was reported......nothing was done,dog still exhibited,I moved my dogs well away.

Well I have asked this very question to the VCA and also mentioned that it was on my old entry forms but has been removed from their new ones online. No comment has been forthcoming. I understood that this Rule would apply but there are so many people saying it is not so, I have asked for it to be clarified.

I have been showing Interstate for almost 2 months so missed the outbreak but do not want it now with Royals coming up. Will the VCA make comment and state where everyone stands? I have told them I Quarantined all my dogs for 3 months, 2 years ago after picking up KC at the Park. Has something changed?

Thanks for raising this, as people need to know what the Rule is and can act accordingly.

Mmm like that will happen I can name three exhibitors that have had KC within that period and will turn up..are you kidding e! :rofl:

That's one of the reasons why I personally don't show during these months if I know I have big shows coming up, Ekka, Melbourne etc...but people get too wrapt up in winning etc I guess and don't give a toss about others. And no I'm not talking about those unwilling, I'm talking about those knowingly breaching the 3 month rule that they actuall sign, because you know many will....

Edited by Missymoo

"....I have been showing Interstate for almost 2 months so missed the outbreak but do not want it now with Royals coming up. Will the VCA make comment and state where everyone stands? I have told them I Quarantined all my dogs for 3 months, 2 years ago after picking up KC at the Park. Has something changed? " ...said Bohunt - I don't know how to quote a wee bit ;)

Yes ...ethics..and the desire to be "top banana" is stronger I guess??!

Edited by Missymoo