Atlas

Teebs

Oh Cin I am so very sorry to read that Atlas has gone to the Bridge.

He lived life to the full due to your love and care. His love of fun and food was shared with all of us through your photos and stories. Cherish those as much as we do.

May your Rest in Peace Atlas :rainbowbridge:

Cin please look after yourself.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry: :cry: :cry: OH Cin, I just saw the name and felt ill, I didn't want to believe it was THE Atlas :cry: .

Don't know what to say - what a DOL hero he was.

All we can do is hug you from afar.

our love & hugs,

fifi, danny & hounds xxx

Teebs, I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. He was so special. It's never easy losing them, and it seems worse when it is traumatic and not expected like this. Others have already said not to beat yourself up about not taking him to the vet earlier. Who is to say this wouldn't have happened anyway, and I'm 100% certain that he would rather have spent his last night in his own home, with you, rather than at the vets without you.

Rest easy Atlas, pain-free and full of mischief. Try not to eat too many angels' jeans. Maybe just one or two pairs would be ok. Keep an eye on your family, especially while their grief for you is so fresh. Most of all, watch over little Spud and make sure (she! he!) is as full of the joy of living as you were.

Edited by Longclaw

I am so sorry to hear this, and have tears at work at my desk for you :cry: :cry: :cry:

A DOL legend, and loved by so many, even though we never knew him in person. Such a beautiful, handsome man.

Sincere condolences Cin, may your gorgeous man rest in peace.

I saw the Children and grief thread and the first words stopped me in my tracks "We have to tell the children about Atlas" and I just thought "Oh No, not Atlas!"

You know your dog was a true legend when his passing gets that response from someone on the other side of the country who's never met him.

Thank you for sharing so much of your lovely boy with us - his antics, his pyjamas, his striking good looks! One of my DOL favourites.

What a nasty insidious disease to steal your boy away from you. :(

I know it's natural to think "if only I'd done (whatever)" but please try to be kind to yourself. It was out of your control and you did all you could and were with him at the end.

I'm so so sorry Teebs, my heart is breaking for you and again I'm crying for the loss of a dog I never met. :hug:

Run free beautiful Atlas :rainbowbridge: