Atlas

Teebs

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teebs you did EVERYTHING for Atlas. Your world revolves around your furry family. Sometimes no matter how much we want to fix things we just can't. My heart is breaking for you. Big HUGS across the internet my love.

Oh Teebs, I am so sorry to hear this.

You know Atlas was my very favorite DOL dog, I even sought you out on FB just so I could see more Atlas photos!! He is a beautiful boy and he knows you did all you could for him, thay always know.

Hugs to you.

I am so very sorry Teebs, he truly was a DOL legend.

Your heart must be breaking, but you did what you could for him.

He was so true to his breed, a complete clown, forever in our hearts, thankyou for sharing him with us. :cry:

Edited by juice

Thanks everyone, and thanks for the PMs. not up to replying

He went downhill over night. I called the vets at 1 saying he collapsed on me but was up and ok, i checked him out and he seemed ok. had a drink, went to the toilet and was ok. Vet was happy with him staying with me

I checked on him at 3 and he was fast asleep, nice normal sleep.

7:30 this morning i went to get him up to take to the vets on my way to work. He couldnt stand, his eyes were glazed over, breathing really deep and snow white gums

We loaded him in the car and i flew over there, had him in my car while wating for the vets to show up. 10 mins before the doors open i was out the front waiting, then he stopped breathing on me. I half picked him up and dropped him and shook him and he took another breath. Slammed on the locked door till they opened it.

His heart had stopped by the time he was on the table, they put a tube in and tried to get his heart going but nothing. They offered to keep going after a while but I told them to stop.

I had all the vet nurses and vets in there with me who had treated him for his whole life, Dad was with me (had to do a job and popped in to see if iwas ok, he also didnt think this was going to happen)

I wish i took him in earlier.

my OH is beating himself up because he didnt come to the vets with me, but i honestly didnt think it would end like this...

Pets at Peace have him now. I will contact them and arrange what i want done so i can get him home ASAP.