August Challenge

tlc

This might sound like a stupid question but if you are using a remote shutter does the remote focus the camera before the shot or do you have to set the shot up before you take the picture with the remote? and also can you use continuous (burst) mode with a remote?

Lollipop did yours turn up yet?

I would like to know that too for when mine arrives. It hasn't come yet.

I need to change my screen name, people keep calling me lollipop :laugh:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huga love your session with the Lady and her dog, is the dog a Frenchie or a Boston, very cute which ever breed, especially love the one with the dog and the legs. I have ambitiously tried for a long time to get a pic (selfie) of me walking with one of the dogs next to me looking up, boy is it hard! I have one shot that I almost like. :laugh: Must have another crack with the new camera.

This might sound like a stupid question but if you are using a remote shutter does the remote focus the camera before the shot or do you have to set the shot up before you take the picture with the remote? and also can you use continuous (burst) mode with a remote?

Ta. She's a Frenchie, there aren't any fawn bostons :)

Yes the remote focuses the camera, however (well, this is what I do, you will have to have a pretty good idea of where the focus will hit so you can make sure it focuses in the right spot.

What about the timer function? I have to take some selfies tomorrow, I'm on a time limit and I need to make them as good as I can. I won't have anyone to help me. Otherwise I have to figure out something else for an anniversary pressie to hubby on Saturday lol :o

Ok thanks, good to know, I must look into getting one.

At our obedience school I have only ever met one Frenchie and one Boston, both black the Bostons name was Audrey and she was a crack up, easy to teach and picked up things right away, the Frenchie was called Gigi and she on the other hand was such a handful. :laugh: Would not pay one ounce of attention to her owner and literally just did not listen and was not focused on anything but the other dogs, :laugh: She was hard work and a very head strong little dog. I can't ever seem to tell them apart although I think Bostons are slighter in the frame than Frenchies?

Anyway back on topic, Lollipup I swear I typed lollipup but my Mac auto corrects for me, :laugh:

What about the timer function? I have to take some selfies tomorrow, I'm on a time limit and I need to make them as good as I can. I won't have anyone to help me. Otherwise I have to figure out something else for an anniversary pressie to hubby on Saturday lol :o

So far I have used the timer function, I set it on the tripod or something sturdy and usually put something in the spot where I am going to be and focus the camera on that then press the shutter, you have 10 seconds or whatever time your camera allows you to get in position. I have no idea if this is how its meant to be done but it does work.

So far I have used the timer function, I set it on the tripod or something sturdy and usually put something in the spot where I am going to be and focus the camera on that then press the shutter, you have 10 seconds or whatever time your camera allows you to get in position. I have no idea if this is how its meant to be done but it does work.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow :)

Tlc - yep, the frenchies are bigger and chunkier and the bostons smaller, slighter and leggier. Totally different temperaments too, as you have noticed :laugh: Frenchies are very bulldoggy and pig headed, Bostons are very terrier-ish.

Exactly this. Or manual focus. But after doing 30 selfies so far this year, this is my preferred method :D

I ended up ordering the Sigma 17-70, I couldn't justify getting the camera bag when I could put the money towards another lens, I'll start saving for the 70 - 200 f4 now, might take a while. :laugh: Hope I've done the right thing!

Edited by tlc

:eek: Hope it arrives in one piece. I'm also waiting on a little package in the mail. :bolt:

What did you get?

I'm waiting on a package too, from Kja :D

Did you buy the Kelly Moore bag she had for sale? (at least I think that was kja..) I've got the hobo bag in grey and it's just gorgeous. You'll love it. :D

Yes I did :) very excited about it. It'll help me to take my camera everywhere, in style :cool:

I ended up ordering the Sigma 17-70, I couldn't justify getting the camera bag when I could put the money towards another lens, I'll start saving for the 70 - 200 f4 now, might take a while. :laugh: Hope I've done the right thing!

Can't wait to see pics from that one :) I like the sound of that one because of the macro ability too. Its on my list of future possibilities. But I have to learn to use the camera first :) and have to stop spending all my money!

:laugh: Pity we didn't have endless supply of money, I'd have one of everything. :rofl:

Snook, I know what you mean, I love taking pics if the dogs but really want to expand, I'm going bowling with work peeps tomorrow night, I'd love to take the camera and try it out, even if the shots were bad it would still be good practice. Low light and action, they'd probly all be aweful. :laugh:

:laugh: Pity we didn't have endless supply of money, I'd have one of everything. :rofl:

Snook, I know what you mean, I love taking pics if the dogs but really want to expand, I'm going bowling with work peeps tomorrow night, I'd love to take the camera and try it out, even if the shots were bad it would still be good practice. Low light and action, they'd probly all be aweful. :laugh:

We went bowling recently and I took the camera. I loved it so much, I want to shoot some family sessions there - it was awesome!

actually that's really worth a try. You'll either need to shoot in RAW so you can change the white balance later or know what sort of lighting they use and set it in camera if you're shooting jpeg. You'll just need a wide enough aperture and high enough ISO to keep a fairly fast shutter speed, unless you want blur for effect.

Here is one I took of Shine a couple of days ago.

7659148172_14615f2acc.jpg

I noticed a beam of light coming through my bedroom window, so sat her in it. I had to do some minor burning in the background, but most of it was already black.

That's lovely, Vicki. It's magic when you see the light hitting a certain way and scramble to get it :laugh:

I am shooting for a new personal project on the weekend (modern princesses), so will hopefully have something different to share soon.