Rspca Puppy Farm Raid On Channel 7

Christina

Watched this tragic saga tonight. Speechless & made me :cry: but the part that I don't get is the consequence. The $35,000 fine probably only covered the expense of them dealing with 250 dogs, which did increase to over 400 with pups being born, while the dogs were in care but to still allow them to keep 3 dogs after a 3 year ban I think it was :confused:

Why let these callous inhuman scum ever own any dog again ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched this tragic saga tonight. Speechless & made me :cry: but the part that I don't get is the consequence. The $35,000 fine probably only covered the expense of them dealing with 250 dogs, which did increase to over 400 with pups being born, while the dogs were in care but to still allow them to keep 3 dogs after a 3 year ban I think it was :confused:

Christina - what programme on channel seven was this on? Today Tonight?

RSPCA animal rescue, I cried at the poodle born with no eyes, but kept alive to breed from.

RSPCA Animal Rescue at 7.30pm

RSPCA animal rescue, I cried at the poodle born with no eyes, but kept alive to breed from.

Yes I saw it also and cried

it was terrible for all the dogs but the poodle born with no eyes and used as breeding machine :(

Double edged sword i thought.

Yes they were rescued, but how many would have made it out alive from the RSPCA'S hands? I am sure all the pups sold well, mums would not have been so lucky.

Plus great money earner for the RSPCA, i bet lots gave money after last night.

I would like to have known how many actually got rehomed.

Aweful result allowing them to "own' only 3 dogs, easy to work around that one.

They should have been banned from living on a property with any dogs forever.

$35,000 doesn't come close when they had that many dogs churning out pups ,lots of the mums were old, so wasn't a new venture, they would have earned alot more over the years than that.

Took along time to do anything too, those dogs didn't get into that condition overnight.

Sorry, I have to disagree - I would rather see the poor things humanely euthaniased than continue in that puppy farm . I am assuming that such a decision is reached by vets and dog behaviourists based on the mental and physical condition of each dog.

Edited by frufru

Very distressing & extremely sad :( The whole situation. I too agree that I'd rather see any of those poor dogs pts than continue to "exist" in such deplorable conditions.

As for the fines placed on these pathetic people running this hell hole, they are a joke as is allowing them to own anything with a heartbeat EVER again.

They should be jailed IMHO. And that's too good fort them :mad

Some of those poor dogs, that black Lab that just went into some kind of emotional shut down with the thought of human contact. The little poodle with no eye's.

All the dear old girls that had been bred almost to death. Just heart breaking :(

Nice to have a lovely group of people come forward to foster & help out. I did have a heart warming moment to witness the wonderful change in those that were fortunate

enough to receive the love & tlc they so rightly deserve.

Edited by BC Crazy

They didn't give us an ending on Lucy. She was the one who got to me, we know Fergus, the Poodle and Aimee/Tess all got great homes but what about the Lab Lucy, who was old and been used as a puppy machine? My daughter fell in love with Fergus :love:

I cried and cried watching this last night. Those poor dogs kept in such disgusting circumstances and the mental and emotional toll it has taken on those dogs is just heartbreaking. I too believe that for some of those dogs the best thing would be pts rather than living in those horrific conditions.

I too fell in love with Fergus the happy little boy running around with his toys. What a difference that operation made to his life too. I was also so glad that poodle with no eyes got a home. I actually thought from what we saw he/she did a fantastic job of getting around when she was completely blind.

It's horrible but I just found it so distressing to watch that I almost wanted to turn it off, stick my head in the sand and pretend it just isn't going on. But we can't do that, we have to continue to spread the word about puppy farms.

The problem I see is that I think most people watching that show would be horrified also and would be happy not to support them. But I'm not sure they are putting the link between the puppy farm and the cute little fluffy puppy in the pet shop window.

Lucy the Gold Lab found a home and was living indoors :)

I just loved the black Lab "tess" and was so nice to she her come out of her shell .

Was a shocker thats for sure :eek: gee it got me angry when the court allowed

that woman to have 3 dogs only in three years bet it would be 2 bitch's and one stud male and she would breed and get those pups sold some how.

Also mentioned she was selling the puppies via the internet.

I cried and cried watching this last night. Those poor dogs kept in such disgusting circumstances and the mental and emotional toll it has taken on those dogs is just heartbreaking. I too believe that for some of those dogs the best thing would be pts rather than living in those horrific conditions.

I too fell in love with Fergus the happy little boy running around with his toys. What a difference that operation made to his life too. I was also so glad that poodle with no eyes got a home. I actually thought from what we saw he/she did a fantastic job of getting around when she was completely blind.

It's horrible but I just found it so distressing to watch that I almost wanted to turn it off, stick my head in the sand and pretend it just isn't going on. But we can't do that, we have to continue to spread the word about puppy farms.

The problem I see is that I think most people watching that show would be horrified also and would be happy not to support them. But I'm not sure they are putting the link between the puppy farm and the cute little fluffy puppy in the pet shop window.

Unfortunately not, even when it is pointed out to them. In the case of my daughter's boyfriend's family "But the pet shop said they use reputable breeders and not puppy farms. I would never buy a puppy from one of those dreadful places" :banghead: Some people refuse to be educated. They bury their head in the sand to justify their decision to buy that cute puppy in the window, even though a puppy they bought from that very same shop, a year ago, died of parvo, but that was ok because they refunded their money. Makes my blood boil. :mad

Also mentioned she was selling the puppies via the internet.

Yes, that's a real problem. I read where one US state got mutual support by the 2 main political parties to crack down on puppy farming and their sales within the state. But they were then faced with internet sales by puppy farmers from other states.

Edited by mita

A $35,000 fine, if there was around 250 dogs on the property when raided, it equates to a fine of $140 per dog. No where near enough for ruining each of their little lives IMO.

Such morally deprived people.

I would've thought that the courts would have made it mandatory for any future animals owned by them to be desexed. Its appalling enough that they are allowed to own more dogs, the least they could have done is made this a rule!

So much public education is needed on this topic.

Luckily for me, I live in a town where the two major pet stores do not sell cats or dogs. So i'm not confronted with the issue when out shopping or driving around as many others are.

They didn't give us an ending on Lucy. She was the one who got to me, we know Fergus, the Poodle and Aimee/Tess all got great homes but what about the Lab Lucy, who was old and been used as a puppy machine? My daughter fell in love with Fergus :love:

Oh yes Clyde we didn't get an ending on dear Lucy.hope she did well. I forgot about lovely little Fergus, didn't he come along just beautifully & with his sight restored. Wonderful :thumbsup: