Karma 04.03.2005 - 02.08.2012

Amstaffs4me

I know I don't post in DOL much anymore but I felt the need to pay tribute to my gorgeous girl Karma.

She turned 7 in March and had never had a sick day in her life I always thought she would live to a ripe old age.

3 Months ago Karma was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. It came on suddenly she responded well to the medication at first then everytime we cut it down it flared up again. We persevered to no avail and decided at the vets advice to try something else. My girl watching you struggle for the last 2 weeks it has ripped my heart apart, from not eating to us having to help you walk I sensed your time was near but I still thought we had a few weeks.

Last night after a restless night with you, you lost your battle at 7 years of age early this morning. Rest easy my girl I am so sorry I couldn't help you more my heart is absolutely shattered the kids are distraught, Hubby is not coping I have to try and be strong for everyone but I don't feel that I am.

Swim all that you want , chase the gheckos, butterflies and bubbles and love each day as only you could my Princess

My hubby posted this on his Facebook page, I want to share I wish I had the words right now but all I have is tears

To my baby girl Karma,

I love you so much I never expected you to go last night or any other night for that matter.

The fact that you did and wasn't there for you at the very end kills me, I wasn't there to hold your paw when you needed me most.

I know you where in pain and not feeling your best, in the end it was for the best and now you can go chasing bubbles and geckos all you like and deserve... go for a swim for hours on end when you get hot.

God I miss you so much already my heart is destroyed and I cant stop think of you baby girl, I am going to miss the way you would talk under your breath all the time, the way you get excited with the mention of bubbles, geckos or a swim. You would have a drink after running around but instead of having a drink like normal you would dunk all of your nose under water to help you cool down more, you would even blow bubbles while your nose was in there.

memories like these will always stay in my heart and bring a smile on my face. I know its not going to be easy to get over the pain of losing you,but all of the good times we had together will help to keep me strong , just like you were in life,

The biggest thing you taught me Karma was always live for now and to always be happy with what you have got, Every day you would get up happy as larry wagging your tail ,you would see little things everyday like butterflies, Dragonflies and falling leaves and you greet them all the same way big smile tail wagging a hundred miles an hour. So for that i would like to thank you for showing me that small things in life is all you need life to make you happy

Karma I love you with all my heart and always will, goodbye for now sweet princess and I will see you again baby girl....

love Dad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wonderful tribute to an awesome family member. With memories like those to treasure, it will make the celebration of her life easier. May she enjoy all the bubbles and geckos over the bridge.

RIP sweet girl, run pain free over the rainbow bridge :rainbowbridge: Jenna will be on the other side waiting to play with you..

You know where to find me Barb if you need to cry on my shoulder :flower: x

ps What a beautiful and moving tribute too :hug:

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

A day without you Karma, it doesn't seem real. My heart aches for you so much and the tears just keep coming.

What I would give for 1 more day with you gorgeous girl :cry:

I never imagined this pain :cry:

Edited by Amstaffs4me

So hard to see your bowl sitting there waiting for you.

My son wrote this on my facebook page his heart is broken too but he makes me so proud, he is 14.

Karma may be gone but she would want you crying and missing her she would want you to live life the way she did when you're down, Love life. When you in pain just be happy you're with the people who make you life Awesome, so Chase every Gecko , pop every bubble swim in every pool While you're still alive :D It's what she would have wanted ♥ I love you and every one else does too.

When does this get easier :(