Zymox, Dermatology Product Line

my girl suffers a mild recurrent yeast burden and while i'm dealing with it by reducing sugars in her diet, i've been periodically bathing her with malaseb and pyohex lotion to ease her physical discomfort --- i'm therefore on the hunt for a gentler wash and i came across zymox!

click here for the manufacturer's site and it's available in australia too!

does anyone here use it?

tia for your input :)

I hadn't heard of it before, but for the "itchies" I avoid pretty much any and all "shampoo based" products and at least use Calendula Tea as a first choice because in complete absence of any sudsing chemical it doesn't upset the pH level of the dog's skin which often can send the body into an over driven pendular swing.

thanks everyone for your replies :)

I hadn't heard of it before, but for the "itchies" I avoid pretty much any and all "shampoo based" products and at least use Calendula Tea as a first choice because in complete absence of any sudsing chemical it doesn't upset the pH level of the dog's skin which often can send the body into an over driven pendular swing.

thanks erny :) i've been using calendular tea and while it settles her itchies for a time, it gets to the point where i have to deal with the layering of dead yeast build up while i subtly alter her diet, and for the most part, malaseb does that and it also inhibits fungal growth --- i'm looking into other non-shampoo forms of dealing with dead yeast build up, and i need to get past the tedium of it all...

I've been using Zymox for my Cavaliers yeasty ears. It works a charm. I had no idea it was available in Australia and have been having it sent over from USA.

Thanks for the Aussie link.

you're welcome --- but it looks like the thanks came too soon :(

as an aside, is buying it from the states cost effective? how long did it take your last purchase to arrive?

if you click on a product to buy it takes you to an american site where you buy it from

I tried it with several item and it goes through to Entirely pets which is an amercian site

well, that's annoying! it's good there's no import restrictions, given that cavnrott's been buying it from the states --- still, that's really annoying...

For a gentle shampoo use QV wash

thanks for the tip! i don't think that qv wash will do what i need it to do tho, but it might be the choice once i've got this thing under control :)

Yeast infections are usually because of an internal issue, I cut out all wheat and cereals etc and my dog has never had another yeast infection.

i remember your struggles and i'm really glad you've got your dog's issues under control...

would you mind terribly letting me know exactly the contents of your dog's diet --- pm me if you prefer...

i'm a raw feeder, but i do supplement with small quantities of non-raw products that do contain some wheat [unsure about cereals tho], and i am beginning to think i might need to become desperately careful...

thanks again everyone --- greatly appreciated :)

Disappointing that Zymox is not available in Australia afterall. There has been a hitch with customs on one occasion, they did withold the Zymox. I called them and explained the situation and why I needed it and they sent it on to me. This took about a month.

Usually it arrives from USA in about 12 days from my order. I buy it on Ebay.

Edited to add: I note on the Aussie site link they charge $36.50 for shipping.

I pay the Ebay USA supplier $10.99 shipping costs. The product itself is more expensive but overall it amounts to a saving of $13.42 to buy it on Ebay.

Edited by cavNrott