At The Emergency Vet

Off to the vet again tomorrow for more blood tests,

Riddick threw up his breakfast, so Im watching him like a hawk (he came with me to work, thank god for amazing bosses!)

Does anyone have some good information of stomach ulcers in dogs? I have what the vet told me, and Ive been googling.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they are both ok.

What was abnormal in the blood tests?

The vet may be able to give you some medications to help line and protect the stomach as well as reducing acid production which can exacerbate ulcers eg. sucralfate (Carafate is the brand name I think), omeprazole (Nexium).

I hope they are both ok.

The vet may be able to give you some medications to help line and protect the stomach as well as reducing acid production which can exacerbate ulcers eg. sucralfate (Carafate is the brand name I think), omeprazole (Nexium).

Thats exactly what I would be asking for. Would have assumed would have already been on that.

roscoe is back at the vet for the day on fluids. Hopefully I can pick him up tonight.

I hope they are both ok.

His Creatinine level was high :(

They're already on 3 types of medication for their stomach.(obviously :)..)

Edited by lovemesideways

I hope they are both ok.

Thats exactly what I would be asking for. Would have assumed would have already been on that.

You assumed correctly. They're both on 3 types of medication.

My voltaren thief had a very sensitive stomach for at least 12 months.

I actually fed her baby food for the first month, as well as all the stomach meds she was on. We used yoghurt with every meal when she was weaning back to normal foods.

Also, and I am sorry I cannot remember what we fed her, but we had to make sure her liver was not overtaxed.

Sorry I didn't update,

Its been pretty hectic!

well Roscoe is back home again, his new tests all came back clear (thank god). Hes on easy food for the next few days and fingers crossed I can start easing him onto his normal diet again.

More tests later in the week, just to be sure everythings ok.