Ndtf Vs Delta Dog Training Course?

Barkly is a terrible eat anything dog.

The most notable episodes were:

A mosquito coil (still burning) sitting under a table at a holiday house (lots found in his stomach contents)

A nicotine patch (not mine)...well, as far as I can tell, he didn't actually eat it, but I thought he did (nothing found in his stomach contents)

:eek:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I leave meat defrosting in the kitchen all the time with the dogs in there. I am usually in another room too. In this house the rule is 'no border collies on any sort of furniture, border collies stay on their beds'. Every BC I have owned has followed this rule. I've had no pinched food or counter surfing. I am pretty strict on manners and what I expect around the house.

Do not talk to me about the cats though :rofl: The most I managed with them was that they knew there weren't supposed to be on the bench and would jump down if I appeared!! I also had to get a cat proof bin.

I've just started the Delta course (May). I'm enjoying it immensely - as are my dogs. Everyone is taking a turn getting trained for my Basic Skills video (apart from old blind Pansy). Learning lots of interesting stuff - it is pretty intensive though with quite a lot of reading and some big assignments. The lecturers are very accessible - you have all their contact details. To some extent it duplicates some of the content of my Animal Studies Cert II TAFE course, but in much more depth. It all seesm very professionally run to me. I'd recommend it but I can't comment on the other course suggested. Delta does an intro weekend - I think there's another one in September. Try before you buy (the whole course. I think the weekend is $350). It's not cheap! All the details are on the Delta Society website.

• 6 years later...

The admin side of the NDTF course is woeful. 

Not sure what the other one is like. 

The layout of course material is very messy.

Uploading submissions and then resubmitting templates with marking sheets is a complete balls up. 

They turn off their email addresses so you can't reply.

I do not recommend it. 

On 1/29/2019 at 11:39 AM, WoofAllDay said:

The admin side of the NDTF course is woeful. 

Not sure what the other one is like. 

The layout of course material is very messy.

Uploading submissions and then resubmitting templates with marking sheets is a complete balls up. 

They turn off their email addresses so you can't reply.

I do not recommend it. 

This thread you are responding to is over 6 years old