Lure Coursing

janisw

Tess loved her lure coursing today.she had 2 runs & was litraly being held back by my arms around her neck to stop her going while she was in the waiting pen. Ridgeback club ran this today for our club & I am already booking in for their days in Melb. I will make the 2 hour treck for this. My girl loved it.

They used plastic shopping bags as lures today & works fine. So awesome. Cant wait to see the pics that were taken today . I am ordering mine . :)

Huge THANKYOU to Ridgeback club of Vic for doing this . :thumbsup:

It's fun isn't it, just to see your dog so happy and excited makes it a great day for you too, that's what I reckon anyway, if the dogs have fun, so do I.

My guys love it too! ive been taking one of my boy for about six years now but hes gotten to be a golden oldie. He'll still come and run once but after that i wont let him run again and he'll stand in his crate, barking the whole time while his younger bro runs!

The one i go to in Erskine park just uses a white plastic bag :D and man, does scoota get an intense stare when he sees a white plastic bag blowing in the wind outside LOL

ive heard of a club thats uses dried out fox tail...

The Afghan club only runs their lure days once every 2-3 months unfortunately so its a really big deal for us!

Im not sure if any of you guys are from NSW but a place in Box Hill just opened that offer regular days :cheer:

Ive posted a link in Dog Sports forum

its a little different as its on a straight track but its open to ALL breeds, not just sight hounds

Just received an email saying that the Ridgeback club is holding a lure day on the 9th September at KCC.

We will be there hopefully, if anyone hears something sounding like a dog being strangled don't worry it's just my guys screaming :o (It's a breed thing :o)