Pound Rounds?

Hi all,

We've had a call today from a person who adopted a greyhound from a group called Pound Rounds. I've not heard of them before. The dog has arrived in Victoria with no proof of vaccination, microchip or sterilization. My understanding is that the group have advised that all this was done at the pound (Hawksbury) but that the pound didn't give the paperwork etc to the rescue group.

Is this normal for dogs being released from Hawksbury?

Larissa Darragh

Manager, Greyhound Adoption Program

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they are not a rescue group, unless I have confused them with someone else. They post ads about dogs in the pound, collect donations for the dogs that they don't even have.

I'd advise this person to contact the pound, get the paperwork and give feedback about this group.

There are huge problems with this group.

If my conversations with people who have adopted/fostering dogs from this group is anything to go by they will be abused, attacked or gulit tripped if they dare speak up.

Multiple rescue groups across the country are being contacted to take dogs people are not able to cope with.

A large number of dogs have been surrendered to pounds and shelters in other states, some have been pts.

This group do hold a 16d, which they use to pull dogs.

I've been seeing some problems on group FB sites actually, one mother had a DA dog handed to her from this group untested and it attacked another dog, then they wouldnt take the dog back. Enough pressure from FB people it ended up sorted, I see a lot of complaints, they seem to have no clue about any proper process

I believe they are not a rescue group, unless I have confused them with someone else. They post ads about dogs in the pound, collect donations for the dogs that they don't even have.

I'd advise this person to contact the pound, get the paperwork and give feedback about this group.

Yes I've seen them post an ad for a greyhound that I know for a fact they did not have.

I've been seeing some problems on group FB sites actually, one mother had a DA dog handed to her from this group untested and it attacked another dog, then they wouldnt take the dog back. Enough pressure from FB people it ended up sorted, I see a lot of complaints, they seem to have no clue about any proper process

You would be shocked with what has already happened. Imagine the worst, over and over and over again.

Rescue will be picking up the peices for years and years on end.

Blame everyone else! It's the vets fault, It's the foster carers fault, its the transport companies fault, it's the kids fault, it's the dogs fault, it's the new owners fault, they have no respect for a animal welfare or the public full stop. No one has ever seen anything like it, simply mindblowing.

I wonder what conditions are laid down to be able to pull dogs using this? I'd have expected it can only be 'on the ground' rescue groups, Rescue and assessment & placement of dogs needs to be firmly located in the real world. But this seems to be organised differently.

If you rescue a dog from Hawkesbury, usually whoever picks the dog up will be given their microchip and vaccination paperwork.

Can you find out who the dog is chipped to.

for a group which is not a rescue group they have a lot of dogs in care, I know at one kennel there is at least a dozen dogs under their name.

Edited by JRT RESCUE

I wonder what conditions are laid down to be able to pull dogs using this? I'd have expected it can only be 'on the ground' rescue groups, Rescue and assessment & placement of dogs needs to be firmly located in the real world. But this seems to be organised differently.

That's the million dollar question Mita.

Going by the conditions set out in the clause, they are breaching the clause on multiple counts.

Wish I could elaborate further, though I have to be careful in what I say.

If you rescue a dog from Hawkesbury, usually whoever picks the dog up will be given their microchip and vaccination paperwork.

Can you find out who the dog is chipped to.

for a group which is not a rescue group they have a lot of dogs in care, I know at one kennel there is at least a dozen dogs under their name.

Yes, I would say pound rounds have the paperwork and the people are having trouble getting the dog put into their name.

I wonder if this is the dog where PR's stated that the dog needed extensive dental surgery and raised a massive amount in donations? Turns out the dog only needed a standard dental.

[

Going by the conditions set out in the clause, they are breaching the clause on multiple counts.

Very wise, Nic.

I've heard really decent, on-the-ground rescue groups comment on how carefully they operate by those conditions.... as they don't want to have the clause taken away. So there must be a complaints process somewhere....

[

Very wise, Nic.

I've heard really decent, on-the-ground rescue groups comment on how carefully they operate by those conditions.... as they don't want to have the clause taken away. So there must be a complaints process somewhere....

Yes, the best of the best, reputable rescuers work over and above the clause day in, day out.

I dont have a clause and do the same.

Hopefully GAP Vic can help these people. Even though not their problem

It is about making sure people dont lose faith in rescue organisation's which sadly is happening

not only with PR but with cowboy fly by the seat of your pants I think I know better rescue

groups popping up everywhere

What happened to people joining ethical established groups and learning the "right" way to do things

before going out and starting another ethical group

They all just seem to want to make a big name for themselves and collect accolades and money

Edited by Bartok