Pound Rounds?

I'm confused. Is this group simply a misguided, irresponsible "resuce" who wants to save all animals at any cost? or are they actually making some sort of profit from the donations they receive for dogs not even in their care (and are therefore operating some sort of scam)?

Surely if its the latter there are processes by which they could be reported or shut down?

Do rescue groups actually receive any of the donations that PR collects?

It is way beyond a misguided rescue IMO Aussielover. As Jill has said, they take in huge amounts of money on behalf of pound dogs. Some of these dogs are safe with rescue yet they continue to raise money, some dogs are listed as NFS yet they put them up as available now. Dogs that they have raised money for are sitting in pounds and shelters in other states. Dogs listed as 'release to rescue' only are being pulled and put straight into an adoptive home.

None of the rescues I have spoken with have ever recieved any donations.

You would be a fool to be involved with or accept money from this group.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a licence to fundraise, the point being there is no accountability that the funds raised for x dog go to x dog, they may go to y dog, also somebody is paying for facebook ads which have helped them get a following of almost sixteen thousand likers. (Having been blocked for comments/questions about Hawkesbury pound dogs I am not one of them).

There was a court case over some stolen dogs that PR were refusing to give the location of and other info over to the lady in whose name they were microchipped, this was in November 2011, but I never did follow up on the outcome of the case for the poor doggies in the middle. :mad

For a private adopter their fee is $150, but they will give the dogs to rescue for free. The problem is most of the dogs they pull are ones rescues have left behind and some have aggression issues so not easy to find a foster carer for as most foster carers have their own dogs, so these poor dogs languish in kennels and most are not walked daily by anyone from PR, they have moved on to getting the next death row pooch out and the "safe" pooch is forgotten. I go to the same kennels to walk the another rescue group's dogs so I have seen this with my own eyes. :cry:

I do remember when they 1st started up, they advertised for admin for their facebook page.

It was along the lines of "get PAID to share photos". I am 95% certain it stated that you would be paid $10/hr or similar. I for one would love to know where the money for that comes from!

As with all thing PR, it was quickly deleted so there was no evidence. That incident (along with many others) regarding PR speaks volumes as to their dodgy dealings.

Pounds need to be more accountable as well and stop releasing these dogs that a lot of them are not suitable for adoption , arghhh Pound Rounds make me ill!!!!

Edited by varicool

Surely there is some legislation that covers the difference between give us money to save dogs in general and give us money for X dog, when X dog is not in their possession. The latter has to be fraud. I hope everyone is screenshooting everything because these people will destroy private rescue.

I agree. Their fundraising is not transperant in any way shape or form which I understand is required. People have the right to ask questions, instead they are deleted.

My understanding is also that when fundraising you are not able to give a biased or one sided impression of the organisation.

We have multiple screen shots. Even restricted breeds listed NFS and pts are being promoted on the site. Sadly your average member of the community does not have the knowledge that we have.

Surely the greyhound who had funds raised specifically for his dental but for which nil was spent (and in fact the owner paid again), should be evidence of fundraising being inappropriately used? In our group, money identified for a purpose needs to be used for that purpose. Should there be more funds donated than what was required, it could then be transferred to another purpose (eg vetwork for another dog), but not before the identified donation request was completed.

...and all the other dishonest fundraising for dogs that they don't even have access to etc.

The poor unsuspecting public, the poor dogs for whom getting out of the pound is the easiest step. I can only think that somebody's pocket benefits from this as it certainly isn't for the ongoing welfare of the dogs.

R

If they're now rehoming greyhounds, I just really hope they're bothering to prey drive test before releasing to the public :(

Nope. They placed an unknown dog into a home with a cat not so long ago all the way down to VIC. Thankfully I tracked down the new owner and she has an idea of how Greyhounds can be and has taken steps very carefully with her cat (and appears to be cat safe). Shear luck IMO.

If they're now rehoming greyhounds, I just really hope they're bothering to prey drive test before releasing to the public :(

Nope. They placed an unknown dog into a home with a cat not so long ago all the way down to VIC. Thankfully I tracked down the new owner and she has an idea of how Greyhounds can be and has taken steps very carefully with her cat (and appears to be cat safe). Shear luck IMO.

OMFG. How long has it taken for Greyhounds to become more accepted and popular - it's taken years for this wonderful breed to be more successful, thanks to all the efforts of people like GAPVIC and GAP NSW and other Greyhound rescues and now PR come along and turn it all to shite potentially?

But why wouldn't they when they are prepared to take dangerous dogs and turn them loose amongst the unsuspecting public?

this greyhounds was kept on a greyhound property so there would not have been any chance of it being tested with cats.

Has anybody got the listing on facebook asking for donations for the said greyhound because that could be sent to Gaming and Licencing board re fund raising not being done correctly.

Unfortunately the one with my dog I think is long gone unless somebody has kept the listing but could never find out if money was raised or not, only know it was asked for.

It's times like this I really miss the rolly-eye guy.

The answer was fairly obvious though, I suppose- judging from previous debacles involving that group. The way they're going, rescue is going to find itself trapped in very restrictive legislation in the usual poorly thought-out government effort to crack down on a problem when the horse has long since bolted and the issue makes it to some tacky current affair program.