Help Needed For Mini Paws Foster Carers. Urgent

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi im Rachelle and I run Mini Paws Animal Rescue

We rescue puppies & kittens and dogs & cats and succesfully rehome into their forever homes.

Mission

Mini Paws Animal Rescue's Mission is to help domestic animal (cats/kittens and Dogs/Puppies) before they end up in the pounds. We want to help in desexing the parents of the litters of animals we receive.

Mini Paws Animal Rescue was founded by Rachelle Murray (Director). Since August Mini Paws has rehomed 40 animals into their forever homes. With a committment to saving lives and with a "no Kill" Policy, Mini Paws takes surrenders from people who can no longer take care of them. We are in the process of gaining our 16(d) Exemption so that we can save more animals from local pounds.

General information:

Mini Paws are a responsible rescue, we Desex, Vaccinate, Microchip, Worm and Flea all puppies/kittens and dogs/cats that come through our Rescue.

Mini Paws Animal Rescue always needs a helping hand, whether it be with fostering an animal or to give us a donation of food, toys, bedding, old sheets, towels or blankets.Our vet accepts donations into our vetting account, but we do not accept donations of cash to myself or any of our carers.

Fostering with Mini Paws

I am always advertising for people to apply to become carers with our rescue. In order to protect our animals & our reputation, prospective carers are screened & are required to sign a contract that ensures Mini Paws animals are kept healthy & have the best chance possible of finding forever homes.

Mini Paws have an application process for adoption and I do everything I can to make sure all my animals find homes where they will be safe & loved. We also have a policy that ensures that any animal adopted can be returned to us at any time if the adopting family cannot keep it for any reason.

I understand that there is some concern regarding the photo of the puppies in the dirt. This was a mistake on my part, but, please be assured that the picture was taken before the puppies came to our rescue. The puppies are now very safe, warm & being well fed.

As there are 19 puppies, i have begun advertising them now so as to give them the best chance of adoption & applications can be completed & processed by the time the pups are ready to leave the foster home. They will be 12 weeks old before they are able to go to their new homes.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me & I'll do my best to answer.

Regards Rachelle

Rachelle, it would be a good idea to state on your petrescue listings that pups are available at 12 weeks.

I've not once seen pups advertised there without their eyes open yet.

edited to add a question

How does this work exactly? Is the mother in your name so you can take the pups and desex her then give her back? If not, then you do not own the mother meaning you have no legal ownership of the puppies you are advertising. And you cannot make their owners surrender them or enforce a verbal agreement to vetwork or rehome any of them.

Date Listed:19/05/2013Last Edited:19/05/2013Pet Offered By: ShelterPet's Date of Birth: 05/05/2013

Mini Paws Animal Rescue have 11 dane x mastiff pups that are on the search for there forever homes there are 3 males and 8 female. They are currently only days old and once ready to leave for there forever homes they will be Vaccinated Chipped desexed wormed and flead. If you would like to apply to adopt one of these puppies please contact mini paws. These puppies are currently not in care as still with mum so these puppies are in the surrenders care until 8 weeks

These are the same pups as the ones on petrescue. Eyes still closed and unless the mother is chipped to you - not your property to be advertising.

This isn't meant to be combative but you've made a public statement here that doesn't explain how this setup works or how you prevent the owners selling the (entire) pups themselves after you've sent interested parties to go meet them.

Date Listed:27/05/2013Last Edited:27/05/2013Pet Offered By: ShelterPet's Date of Birth: 05/05/2013

we have 7 dan x mastiff puppies 2 males 5 females they will be vaccinated chipped desexed wormed and flead please contact mini paws animal rescue if you are interested in adopting one of these babies then please contact me

Edited by Powerlegs

• 5 months later...

I have also experienced Rachelle acting highly strange & far from someone that seems passionate about adopting out cats and dogs. You would think an animal rescue owner would come off caring and pleased about interests in adopting rescue animals but I found her hostile and she told me herself annoyed at my questions. I tried to communicate clearly with her (in regards to my standard adoption questions) and I kept getting these responses that were long, irrational and unprofessional. She was misunderstanding a lot of what I was innocently asking and the more I tried to clarify the more intense her emails got. I gave up in the end. I just felt that if someone truly cared about these animals well being they would not be so difficult to deal with and just plain impatient and rude. I do highly question her motives and what is going on behind the scenes. Her attitude set alarm bells off for myself and I felt quite disturbed by her irrational and unstable mood. It was far from having a bad day.

I am not an animal rescuer, nor do I know how it all works but I rang RSPCA to find out what questions I should ask an independant animal rescue shelter, in order to find out if they are practicing correctly and RSPCA were concerned by some of the things I mentioned. I personally found it strange Rachelle was making these little cats and dogs travel approx. a 6 hour round trip from Lithgow to Sydney to go to the vet, as she claimed she got a discount but was not willing to share any more info other than that. I wanted to get them desexed locally and was willing to pay more to save the 6 hour trip ordeal but she said absoluely not. Perhaps if she explained why not less abruptly I WOULD understand.

I found her very rude, not willing to be helpful and very cold (with a very evident aggressive tone in her emails). I found I would ask a simple question and I would get a irrational response that misunderstood my simple question and would elaborate with much content that I could not comprehend. It is beyond an excuse that she is under pressure or has personal issues. Would someone acting like this be making the best moral decisions?

Can you post some of the questions you asked Rachelle here kittycat7? I'd be interested to see what the RSPCA advised you to ask an independent rescuer...

How many emails back and forth did you have with Rachelle?

T.

I have also experienced Rachelle acting highly strange & far from someone that seems passionate about adopting out cats and dogs. You would think an animal rescue owner would come off caring and pleased about interests in adopting rescue animals but I found her hostile and she told me herself annoyed at my questions. I tried to communicate clearly with her (in regards to my standard adoption questions) and I kept getting these responses that were long, irrational and unprofessional. She was misunderstanding a lot of what I was innocently asking and the more I tried to clarify the more intense her emails got. I gave up in the end. I just felt that if someone truly cared about these animals well being they would not be so difficult to deal with and just plain impatient and rude. I do highly question her motives and what is going on behind the scenes. Her attitude set alarm bells off for myself and I felt quite disturbed by her irrational and unstable mood. It was far from having a bad day.

I am not an animal rescuer, nor do I know how it all works but I rang RSPCA to find out what questions I should ask an independant animal rescue shelter, in order to find out if they are practicing correctly and RSPCA were concerned by some of the things I mentioned. I personally found it strange Rachelle was making these little cats and dogs travel approx. a 6 hour round trip from Lithgow to Sydney to go to the vet, as she claimed she got a discount but was not willing to share any more info other than that. I wanted to get them desexed locally and was willing to pay more to save the 6 hour trip ordeal but she said absoluely not. Perhaps if she explained why not less abruptly I WOULD understand.

I found her very rude, not willing to be helpful and very cold (with a very evident aggressive tone in her emails). I found I would ask a simple question and I would get a irrational response that misunderstood my simple question and would elaborate with much content that I could not comprehend. It is beyond an excuse that she is under pressure or has personal issues. Would someone acting like this be making the best moral decisions?

To Kittycat7

Sarah - go do the DNA test yourself.

Your demands are unreasonable.

edited to add - kittycat7 is disgruntled re her adopted cat being labelled DSH

xx LP xx

Edited by lillypilly

Can you post some of the questions you asked Rachelle here kittycat7? I'd be interested to see what the RSPCA advised you to ask an independent rescuer...

T.

To Kittycat7

xx LP xx

Goodness, you should love an animal for itself, not for what it is - ie a purebred this or that .. - you could have a shock like a friend of mine who is into a particular breed.

Adopted a beautiful dog after fostering and thought she'd send off for a DNA test, was pretty sure she knew the dog was a cross of an xxx.

Dog turned out to be a Rottweiler cross - the last thing my friend would want BUT she loves the dog and it has a beautiful nature, that's all that counts.

T.

To Kittycat7

xx LP xx

Lilly pilly are you rachelle, as I do not know why anyone else would write something like that. I am not Sarah but someone else you dealt with a while ago. It seems you have had quite a few issues with people, as I have spoken to other people who have had similar experiences in all forms of contacts. I'm sure someone would not demand a DNA test and with how you spin dog poo, I would not trust much of what you say.

Lilly pilly are you rachelle, as I do not know why anyone else would write something like that. I am not Sarah but someone else you dealt with a while ago. It seems you have had quite a few issues with people, as I have spoken to other people who have had similar experiences in all forms of contacts. I'm sure someone would not demand a DNA test and with how you spin dog poo, I would not trust much of what you say.

My dear kittycat - I am definately not Rachelle and many members of this forum can attest to that.

You have personal grudges with Mini Paws and this forum is not the place for you to air such.

xx LP xx

Hi everyone how are we all

Sarah was never approved for adoption as she never completed an application she jumped the gun before even having approval from land lord about being able to have a cat.

She never once asked anything bar what breed the cat was I told her dsh (domestic Short Haired) she came back with the rspca wouldn't accept that as a breed and asked me to ask vet I told her the vet had state it was a domestic short hair and she came back with the fact the rspca said that they need an actual breed and that dsh was not one I stated that It was that it is a breed description given to cats that are x breed. she stated rspca would be able to tell I said only way to tell was to do a dna test I said I was not going to do that as it was useless especially since she could say it was a domestic short hair.

I did get short in the end and did ask her to leave my page and what not to which she then called my husband expecting him to tell her the cats where a different breed.

It is unfortunate that she would go to this length due to not getting the answer she wanted I was short yes as I did get frustrated with the constant messaged of basically the same question.

T.

Hi,

Why I know you want to know more & see proof, I have written my statement about my experience and that's all the time I'm willing to give on this. I am simply supporting other people's post that have experienced this with mini paws too. I no longer have the emails as it was a while ago. It's up to individuals to do their own research if they question either side of the arguement. You need to weigh up what people are saying, experience it yourself and make a decision. I'm not willing to debate this, everyone has their views and experience.

It seems you have had quite a few issues with people, as I have spoken to other people who have had similar experiences in all forms of contacts. .... and with how you spin dog poo, I would not trust much of what you say.

I'm having a horrible mental image of someone 'spinning dog poo.' Your posts are revealing. Now there's another person in your scope... 'in all forms of contacts'.

Edited by mita

It seems you have had quite a few issues with people, as I have spoken to other people who have had similar experiences in all forms of contacts. .... and with how you spin dog poo, I would not trust much of what you say.

I'm having a horrible mental image of someone 'spinning dog poo.'

My Husband said image involves a pottery wheel and dog poo lol