Iphoneography

tlc

Hi Guys, yes another thread here from me, I thought it might be fun to start an iphone photography thread (other phones welcome too of course) I know some photographers cringe at taking photos with their phones but for me having my iphone in my pocket all the time is fantastic should the occasion arise that I want to take a photo be it a simple snap or something I really want to turn out ok, its so handy to just grab it out and grab a shot. Im not sure if this thread will take off but Im hoping there is others out there like me that love photography and are happy to grab a moment even if it is on a phone camera.

Some from me, right off the phone no edit.

file-12.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-14.jpg

Little bobble head

file-15.jpg

I guess what I love most about snapping pictures with my phone is its there and its handy, and sometimes the results can be quite amazing. Well I think so! :laugh:

Edited by tlc

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What phone you got Cat? I find inside if there is a bit of light that the shots are usually ok, I use it all the time for our hospital visits and never use the flash although the hospital is pretty well lit.

A few more of my favs from the last couple of months.

file-42.jpg

file-41.jpg

file-40.jpg

file-39.jpg

file-38.jpg

file-37.jpg

file-36.jpg

file-35.jpg

Nice shots tlc - you wouldn't know they had been taken on a phone! :)

I think the iphone camera is great, it seems to handle tricky lighting better than some of my (real) cameras!

Some of mine...

6764911357_019e698e7a_z.jpg

366 Days 026 Clock Tower by nzalis99, on Flickr

6885592907_1c1ab62873_z.jpg

366 Days 047 Queen St by nzalis99, on Flickr

6810977204_7919c06781_z.jpg

Sky Tower Auckland by nzalis99, on Flickr

7067334681_c7b1762ce6_z.jpg

366 Days 102 Raining on Kmart by nzalis99, on Flickr

7141620591_c2a6e5c282_z.jpg

366 Days 124 Seeing Green by nzalis99, on Flickr

Fantastic W&H, You have some awesome subjects! You tiny pony look so cute and woolly! Is that his winter coat or does he stay woolly?

Great idea for a thread and really lovely pictures too! Going to try and upload some pics soon :)

Great post em up!

fantastic shots impatiens. I agree, the iphone rarely misses and the colours are usually very true to life. I especially love sky tower and queen street!

edited to ask you is your phone an iPhone? My OH has a SGS 2 and it takes fab shots too.

Edited by tlc

Nice shots GG, Is your kitty a raggy? I have a Birman, the feet give it away. :laugh: love the one of them on the bed together.

Another thing I like about the iphone especially for shots out and about is you can be a bit more discreet instead of having a big camera around your neck you are more unassuming with a phone. Ohh that sounds a bit stalkerish but I think you get where Im coming from. You can sneak a picture you probly would ordinarily get with a big camera. I was intrigued by one episode of photo finish where they all went out on the street with phone cameras to shoot street photography. there is so many people doing it these days.

Does anyone have any special apps they use with thier phone photos. I use instagram occasionally for a few different effects.

Fantastic W&H, You have some awesome subjects! You tiny pony look so cute and woolly! Is that his winter coat or does he stay woolly?

Thanks tlc :) Yeah that's his winter coat it's very very wooly, he is starting to lose it already you can see the darker areas around his nose and eyes that's his summer coat starting to show hopefully he will be a very pretty colour in summer :)

GardenGnome and Impatiens love your pics too I especially love the green cars so vivid!

Yea I actually thought he was whiter but he looks almost buckskin colour in that pic you posted, he is adorable, how do you stand so much cuteness!! :laugh: I love seeing your pics on FB. Actually thats the thing I love about FB the most all the pictures people post.

Lol yeah he is a bundle of cuteness all right :laugh: it's really hard to be tough and not let him get away with naughty behaviour too!

Haha I'm the same re FB it's great seeing all the gorgeous piccies your pups always look like they are having a ball :)

Gorgeous cat pics Gardengnome. :) In the second one you can see by the pupils that the room must have been quite dim, but the shot has come out really well.

WnH I love the little guy's bad hair day! :laugh: The horse seems to gleam in the first shot.

tlc, I use an iphone 4s. I agree with you that people don't take it seriously when you use them in public, I don't think they realise how good phone cameras are these days. :)

I have hipstamatic and instagram but I don't use them much, I used Camera Awesome for the SkyTower pic but I haven't got back to it since.

1345292371[/url]' post='5933279']

What phone you got Cat?

iPhone 4. I use the camera awesome app as well. I have shaky hands so the vibration reduction is handy.

Wow yours captured movement really well.

I wouldn't have guessed a lot of these photos are from a phone.

I was really surprised by the trampoline shots, I have some better ones somewhere must look for them and post a couple, it just seemed to freeze time.

I just downloaded a magazine the other day called iPhone life and the main feature is iPhone photography, this thread might actually motivate me to read it!

tlc, yep she's a ragdoll :) I had never had a cat before her and don't know how I ever went without having one around, lol.

Cat wow those are so nice, I really love the beach one. I too find that photos turn out more grainy if inside.

Thanks Impatiens. Yeah the room was pretty dim so I was really happy it turned out so well and light :)

A few more;

post-43462-0-29153200-1345300907_thumb.jpg

Edited by GardenGnome