Car Seat Cover?

cornell

Has anyone come across an online super effective (non slip + waterproof) back seat cover for your car?

I need one that will stay in place and one that is also semi fashionable that camouflages white fur (ie not bright blue or even black) I would prefer not to have a U shaped one as we use the foot well often in our VE Commodore.

Thanks for reading!! Have a great day!!

I was going to suggest the Backseat Buddy. We have had one for over 12 years and they are great. If someone wants to sit in the back you can easily unzip one side and just use half. Our dogs really prefer not having the footwell in front of them. On the very odd occasion the backseat buddy has been in the wash and I have taken the dogs down the park they really freak out at having that space of the footwell in front of them.

I got a commercial brand from an auto store has elasticised on all four corners, waterproof backing like picnic rugs, colours not great but fits small or large vehicle cost was around $30. Over this I put a sheet which I tuck into the excisting cover, my dogs dont shed but sometimes i give a ride to someone who does have a white hair shedding dog. I got several 2nd hand sheets from an op shop and cut in half to make them fit better and is easy to just wip them off leave on line for couple days and most of hair disappears sometimes I have use vacum and it comes off the cotton sheet material easily. Under the good cover I have some old towels just to make sure upholtery stays in good condition should I need to actually have humans in car :laugh:

Backseat Buddy in the natural colour. I can see Toller fur on it but no-one else can. :) Totally waterproof and simply zip off the fleecy sections and wash them in the machine.

Had mine 8 years before the zip broke, and that's because a naughty Staffy used to jump over it to the front putting pressure on the zip. Otherwise it would have gone another 8 years I should think.

its a long shot, and doesnt exactly fit your requirements but this is my solution.

I am a dog walker and originally kept ripping off the straps on this seat cover, but they can easily be sewn back on. I bought a vinyl. black material looking cover from the local $2 shop for $10 a pack. Its cheap enough to replace and water proof. Cheers Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a Backseat Buddy small size for my Getz. I haven't fitted it yet as I'm in desperate need of having my car washed inside and out, but once it's done I can't wait to use it.

I got it from the local Pet Stock who had a price tag on it of $250 -- the guy in the store discounted it to $150 as he's been trying to sell it for ages. Couldn't believe my luck because even internetting them I've only found the small size available for upwards of $200 not including postage so to me, this was a steal!

I just purchased a Backseat Buddy small size for my Getz. I haven't fitted it yet as I'm in desperate need of having my car washed inside and out, but once it's done I can't wait to use it.

I got it from the local Pet Stock who had a price tag on it of $250 -- the guy in the store discounted it to $150 as he's been trying to sell it for ages. Couldn't believe my luck because even internetting them I've only found the small size available for upwards of $200 not including postage so to me, this was a steal!

You betcha! Well done! That's a great price. I paid $215 from memory for a medium back seat buddy' three or four years ago and thought that was a good price - washes like a rag and still looks like new. And not a problem if you need to put hoomans in the back as well.. Worth every cent IMO. :)