Dogshaming Takes Off

samoyedman

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/bark-louder-than-their-bite-dogshaming-craze-takes-off-20120822-24ldu.html

gal-land-tumblr_m90wexa8ac1re4ne0o1_1280-620x414.jpg

Owners fed up with their dog's disagreeable antics now have an outlet for their frustration: the dogshaming Tumblr page.

Dog owners are finally getting their revenge for all the chewed-up loafers, mangled newspapers and surprise toilet treats on the front lawn.

On a new Tumblr page, Dogshaming, owners are posting photos of their misbehaving canine companions standing next to signs that explain their naughty behaviour.

Since it was launched less than a week ago, the blog has been flooded with entries from owners and their unsuspecting pets. The website states that "submitted posts must contain a dog and a sign explaining the dog's crimes".

..The first entry was of an underwear-eating sausage dog, which has since been followed by a rubbish-munching collie and a pug that digs up the garden. Another friendly face has a tendency to steal butter behind his owner's back, while several dogs are a little too keen on feline faeces.

Speaking of felines, cat owners have jumped on the pet-shaming bandwagon too, with pictures of cats on the site including one called Panda Boo, accompanied by the sign "I ate all the string cheese".

The owner of the blog, who remains anonymous, responded to complaints about shaming dogs online with the following post:

"I welcome constructive criticism, but please don’t bother sending me a 'You're a terrible person for shaming your dogs! These are learned behaviours from irresponsible dog owners'. I know, I get it, we're all terrible people. Shaming people for shaming dogs is a tad ironic, no? don't waste your breath."

In another sign that August could soon be declared International Pet Month, the Good Dog! Film Festival was held in Balmain, Sydney, over the weekend, featuring an impressive array of documentaries, shorts and feature films.

Not do be outdone, the Open Field Internet Cat Video Festival will be held on August 30 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It will feature some of the most popular LOLcats from the internet, including Keyboard Cat and the incredibly cute yet irritating Nyan Cat.

Edited by samoyedman

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever happened to training and raising well rounded dogs, then the owners wouldn;t have to bitch and moan about what their dogs do.

Because even well trained dogs have a brain fade, or do something naughty when home alone. :rofl:

Captions for my dog...

She's so well trained...

my favourite game is "chase me" (can't catch me) - especially when it's time to put the lead on to go for a walk.

I found some roast chicken bones and when Mum asked me to give - I ate them faster.

I like counter surfing.

I eat pegs.

Ugg boots are for ripping to pieces. So is the nice new wooly rug mum got me.

I like to do most of my crap in one pile but deposit a separate secret fartleberry where mum walks.

I like to chase the ball, but I don't like to fetch it.

I talk other dogs into giving me their ball and then I bust it into tiny pieces. Sometimes I eat the pieces too.

If I eat a bone, I will need to vomit some of it later. Usually - 3am.

When mum goes in the shower, I bark as if someone rang the door bell.

I will let approximately 99 joggers pass without trouble. The next one cops special scary barking dog.

I like to schmooze competition judges - in the agility ring.

I pick pockets.

I will dob in anyone with treats - and I like to goose my human friends.

I ate a hole in mum's 21st present travel blankie. I was old enough to know better.

Mum got me a doona and I made it into confetti.

The ball I can't destroy does not exist.

I like to make a lot of noise when mum is on the phone.

Captions for my dog...

She's so well trained...

my favourite game is "chase me" (can't catch me) - especially when it's time to put the lead on to go for a walk.

I found some roast chicken bones and when Mum asked me to give - I ate them faster.

I like counter surfing.

I eat pegs.

Ugg boots are for ripping to pieces. So is the nice new wooly rug mum got me.

I like to do most of my crap in one pile but deposit a separate secret fartleberry where mum walks.

I like to chase the ball, but I don't like to fetch it.

I talk other dogs into giving me their ball and then I bust it into tiny pieces. Sometimes I eat the pieces too.

If I eat a bone, I will need to vomit some of it later. Usually - 3am.

When mum goes in the shower, I bark as if someone rang the door bell.

I will let approximately 99 joggers pass without trouble. The next one cops special scary barking dog.

I like to schmooze competition judges - in the agility ring.

I pick pockets.

I will dob in anyone with treats - and I like to goose my human friends.

I ate a hole in mum's 21st present travel blankie. I was old enough to know better.

Mum got me a doona and I made it into confetti.

The ball I can't destroy does not exist.

I like to make a lot of noise when mum is on the phone.

Love it!! I can related to quite a few of those things.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: MRB that is hilarious, She must be a real character.

As to Pav Lovas comment, I don't think people posting pics of their dogs are bitching nor moaning, nor are they doing it to really shame their dogs, I tend to think it's because they think it's cute and/or funny. I would be doing it for the laugh or cuteness factor if I posted a pic on that site. Loosen up!

We had someone foster a young dog for us a while back, the person had an older dog of the same breed. It all went very well for a while, to the point that the young dog was likely to be also adopted. One day the person left the two dogs alone in the house and briefly went out. We got a semi-hysterical phone call as soon as the person returned saying the young dog had to be collected immediately, the person couldn't even stand to look at her or have her in their house. The young dog had gone into the master bedroom (door was open), climbed on to bed and chewed up an antique Teddy Bear that belonged to the persons Grandmother.

The little dog came back and was rehomed elsewhere.

S

Like this dog?

This article always cracks me up. I know the dog did wrong, but when I read it I just get the sense of the dog, night after night, restraining himself despite the temptation. And then one night, he just can't help himself. Then I laugh imagining just how much fun he had.

His sign would read, "I ate Elvis' teddy".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14154738/ns/world_news-weird_news/t/elvis-teddy-bear-leaves-building-hard-way/#.UDWDkdm6VnM

I do understand it would have been very distressing for the person to lose a treasured family heirloom, and I did my absolute best to empathise and speak to them in a respectful manner at the time. However, and I know this will sound dreadful, I had to ask a fellow rescuer to call back and organize the collection of the dog because I wasn't sure I could control myself a second time. It was optimistic at best to leave a young unknown dog loose to explore the house while they were out, but the way the person described the incident to me on the phone had me biting my lip, crossing my legs and squirming in my chair...................I needed to laugh out loud SO bad. I need to take a photo of myself with a sign that says, "I laugh at inappropriate moments!".

I don't need a photo and sign for all the feral stuff my dogs do, I need a coffee table book!!! Obviously, I'm a very bad dog trainer. :)

S

I always find these kinds of things hilariously funny. Even the most well behaved dogs slip up sometimes and for me it reminds me to keep my sense of humour :laugh:

MRB your list was so funny I was giggling at my desk, I can also relate to so many of them :rofl: