Hollie - Puppy Dumped With Broken Leg

Operation is scheduled for this afternoon.

She will be staying at the vets for a few days and then be going into temp care locally so so can be crated by someone home for the next couple of weeks to keep an eye on her, toilet her etc.

I have asked for photos. Hopefully I will get some soon.

Cross your fingers it all goes well.

Poor, sweet baby. Sending love and hugs and hoping for a quick recovery. Thank you for all you've done for her :angel:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

According to recent updates she is now weight-bearing although not fully yet but the vets are happy with her progress.

We are keeping her where she is for the time being so the vet who did the operation can keep an eye on her progress.

Once she gains reasonable use of that leg then we will bring her here and put her up for adoption.

Thanks for asking.

Might try for some photos again soon.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

A long awaited update for Hollie for those interested - she has just arrived in Canberra over the weekend to foster care here now after a final checkup last week.

Her recovery is going well so far and only has a slight limp in the back leg which should reduce considerably to normal movement over the next few weeks. She has pins in her leg, which will remain unless they cause any discomfort later in life.

A special thank you to Cheryl and her friend out at Griffith who looked after Hollie during her critical recovery period. Thumbs up to you both. :thumbsup:

She is now is living the hard life with a wonderful foster carer I have here also until she finds her forever home.....

post-6431-0-19411300-1349846087_thumb.jpg

Edited by Just Andrea