Should I Or Shouldn't I?

ellz

Amazing what a little time and work can do :) :thumbsup:

Thank you! :)

Still a long way to go until I am completely satisfied but nice to know that 2 years away from trimming doesn't mean that I've lost my skills and that with each bath and haircut, he'll be a step closer to how I want him to be! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Saddle is getting quite bushy now so I am having to sit on my hands to resist the urge to do anything to it. Have stripped a little bit out with the flea comb and it is starting to loosen now. The rest I'm scissoring underneath as it comes down to make it look more intentional.

Here is a picture snapped last weekend. He was 2 days past his bath here but my friend was taking photos of Roger anyway so we thought we'd slip a couple of Mr Rimes shots in while we were at it.

post-864-0-69573100-1348303954_thumb.jpg

Oh and cos I think he's pretty and I wanted to share....Mr Rimes' face! :love:

post-864-0-85550900-1348304048_thumb.jpg

I am loving seeing the photos and watching that coat improve :thumbsup:

We are going to want photos from the show.

The 'before and after' is going to be great so make sure you post the first and last pics side by side when you do!!

Edited by espinay2

When I saw the pictures on your first post I was devastated as I'd seen your boy in full coat. But wow what a change between then and now!

I'm glad that you entered him as he is looking quite good now in only that short time. Well done on getting him to how he looks now. :thumbsup: I bet you are glad you entered him.

Edited by ~Midniara~

Thanks for your support guys! Means a lot to me (and Mr Rimes).

I don't for one minute feel certain that we'll do brilliantly at the Royal but it won't be through lack of trying. I even have a new suit, new shoes and a new Diva's Treasure armband! :thumbsup:

Oh and the BEST news is that I took Rimes to see the visiting opthalmologist (Andrew Turner) here yesterday and he is eye clear! :cheer:

Now I'm really starting to think I'm getting somewhere....twice weekly baths and a lot of work......saddle is still bulky and fluffy but is getting there...!

post-864-0-79951800-1349160303_thumb.jpg

Having seen Rimes on and off since he returned to Ellz I can vouch that his coat is improving all the time and I think you have made the right choice in entering Hobart Royal.

Now I'm really starting to think I'm getting somewhere....twice weekly baths and a lot of work......saddle is still bulky and fluffy but is getting there...!

post-864-0-79951800-1349160303_thumb.jpg

Having seen Rimes on and off since he returned to Ellz I can vouch that his coat is improving all the time and I think you have made the right choice in entering Hobart Royal.

Oh Ellz he really is coming along very nicely. He may not be exactly where you would like him to be (coat wise)come Royal day but you will have not had any need to worry about how he will stack up come that day. You can be very proud of your efforts. :)

To be honest, that'll be years becks. His saddle will take the longest. I've never been one to scissor or clip backcoats so I'm going to have to make do for now and then work on growing it back my way over the long term.

I'm certainly a lot happier with his hair now than I was. Bathing every 3 days or so, keeping the hair hydrated and feeding him well are paying dividends. I remember one of my mentor's mantras was "hair should be brED for, fED for and carED for!" :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Quick snap....taken after yesterday's bath (the pre-show bath bath :laugh: )....probably nothing more to add until Friday when I hope to get some good photos taken if not during judging, then afterwards.

post-864-0-31699400-1350941154_thumb.jpg