2 New Arrivals At Nswar

This week we had 2 new arrivals at the rescue... and I think we are going to be pretty busy over the next few weeks... *grin*

First is Daisy (originally named Janey) - she came to us via another rescue who have looked after her superbly so far, but weren't sure they were completely up for the challenges of whelping and raising puppies at this point in time. Daisy came to them from a pound a few weeks ago, and at that time was coming off her season - and by the time she would have been ready for desexing, it became apparent that she was pregnant... not exactly what anyone was expecting, I'm sure... *grin*

Anyways, Daisy has quickly settled in care with NSWAR and is loving her whelping box full of lovely bedding to nest in... and believe me, she is nesting furiously... lol! We estimate that she will whelp any day now.

So without further ado - here are some pics of the lovely Daisy Boo enjoying the sunshine and cuddles.

25-08-2012-nswar010.jpg

25-08-2012-nswar053.jpg

25-08-2012-nswar039.jpg

Then, yesterday, we picked up the lovely Blossom from Hawkesbury Pound. Not hard to figure out how she got pregnant... she's a complete tart! hehe!

Blossom has a couple of weeks before she is due (based on ultrasounds taken when the Penrith Council ranger took her to the vet before entry to the pound - kudos for that effort!) - and is settling perfectly in care with NSWAR also.

Here are some pics of Blossom...

25-08-2012-nswar076.jpg

25-08-2012-nswar083.jpg

25-08-2012-nswar090.jpg

We can't wait to meet their babies... going to be gorgeous little mites, I'm sure...

T.

Edited by tdierikx

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daisy is about regular Stafford size, so we are guessing that she's possibly got 6 or 7 bubbas happening. They are very active little tackers too - watching her belly is like watching the Alien movie... bubbas trying to position themselves very visibly in there... *grin*

Blossom is taller and longer, and we are thinking possibly 8 bubbas for her.

Both girls have their very top boobies filling with milk also, so I don't think we will have many issues with feeding. All of these bubs will have plenty of tucker available, that's for sure!

Much kudos needs to be given to Daisy's previous carer, as she is in excellent and perfect condition - I think her babies are going to be big, fat, and healthy. And Blossom was cared for excellently by the wonderful staff at Hawkesbury Pound whilst she was there - her babies are off to a great start health wise also.

Both girls nave such lovely temperaments, and have taken to their new carers like they have always been there, which I'm sure will pass on to their bubbas - no nervousness or fear from either mumma, just calm and snuggly girls the both of them.

T.

Miss Daisy is currently in the process of delivering her bubbas... first one out at 11:55, male, black and white... mum and bub looking good.

I'm currently at work, and getting updates from Daisy's carer, so I may not be able to give a running tally as it all happens... funnily my boss would like me to get some work done while he's paying me... *grin*

Will give updates as and when I can, OK?

T.