2 New Arrivals At Nswar

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - first up we have a couple of pics of Bluey (from DAS) for dogmad... he really loves a run in our big exercise yard... he has a whole 1/4 acre to do zoomies... lol!

01-09-2012-DaisysBabies057.jpg

01-09-2012-DaisysBabies061.jpg

He is such a nice boy... thank you so much for alerting us to him. My guess is that he may be BT/Kelpie, with maybe a tiny smidge of GSD somewhere in one of his parents - check out his snout profile...

T.

YAY for Bluey :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That will teach me to have a day off to go and pat every dog I was allowed to at Spring Fair today!!! Phone reception was terrible there, so I only found out about the newest arrivals when I got home... grrr!

Apparently we have one "very rare" blue coloured pup... should we up the adoption fee because s/he's so "rare"?... hahahahaha! (Don't think so - blue is as rare as rocks these days).

Blossom is a typical first time new mum - they are her babies, and she's not too sure about them being handled or fussed over right now. Apparently she had a bit of a carry on when the bedding was changed after the babies were born (can't have them sleeping on mucky wet blankies, can we?) - was right ticked off when the babies were moved. She's not bitey, just very concerned about where they all are at all times. Shaping up as a good little mumma methinks.

We'll give her time to get used to having the babies disturbed as little as possible - then maybe next weekend she will let us get them out for a photo shoot, OK?

T.

Bluey is adorable - what a charmer he is and so beautifully behaved.

He loves learning anything new.

xxx Hugs to all from Bluey xxx

All the pups are doing well. Some are rather chunky and almost roly poly :-)

The vet is very pleased with their progress.

Both mums are happy to leave their pups and go for a play and walk with their human carers.

xxx Hugs from Daisy and Blossom xxx

I got to play with Blossom's babies today... and they are stunning (not so) little munchkins...

... and Daisy Boo's babies have eyes! Boy have they grown in the past week too!

I also got photos of ALL of the babies today - and weights... just going through the pics now - will post soon, OK?

No pics of mums this week, I was taking 2 babies at a time for their photo shoots to make things less traumatic for the mummas, and to give the smaller babies in each litter more boobie time. Blossom has 2 smaller babies, and Daisy has one smaller one - but so far all are getting their share of boobie just fine.

T.

OK - here come the photos, sexes, and weights...

Daisy Boo's babies - now 12 days old...

Black and white boy (with black spot on neck) 1kg!!! Big black boy - 850g.

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies059.jpg

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies061.jpg

Small black boy - 500g. Black (and only) girl - 700g.

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies068.jpg

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies065.jpg

Black and white boy (thinner stripe on head) - 1kg!!! Black and white boy - 800g.

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies073.jpg

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies078.jpg

Does anyone get the impression that Daisy Boo got very friendly with a very handsome Border Collie (or cross thereof)??? *grin*

All of the babies seem to be doing very well - even the little boy. They are all gaining weight and size nicely. And Daisy Boo is also doing great and being the best mum keeping them clean and well fed.

T.

And now for Blossom's babies - 6 days old...

Blue girl - 600g. White and blue girl - 495g (she's a little runty, but feeding strongly)

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies018.jpg

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies006.jpg

Brindle boy - 600g. Brindle girl - 500g.

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies021.jpg

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies027.jpg

Dark brindle boy - 650g. White and blue boy - 600g.

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies032.jpg

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies036.jpg

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies043.jpg

Black boy - 750g (Mr Fatty!). Black and white boy - 575g.

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies047.jpg

08-09-2012-NSWARBabies053.jpg

Aren't they all just simply stunning babies??

T.