Introducing Peaches & Beau

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am training the pom pup (Peaches) to do her business on newspaper laid out on the floor (where else lol)

outside? :) I presume the spitz is being taught to go outside? a little dog toilet, made using fake turf ..so that texture will be a part trigger for when she's out on grass ..rather than maybe a magazine on a couch, or newspaper on a carpet :p

Toilet training is a full time job ..tiny little bladders, and no chance of 'holding on' for months ...

They both look cute - thanks for the photos .

How old is the spitz boy? He looks tall for a puppy ...

Edited by persephone

I am training the pom pup (Peaches) to do her business on newspaper laid out on the floor (where else lol)

outside? :) I presume the spitz is being taught to go outside? a little dog toilet, made using fake turf ..so that texture will be a part trigger for when she's out on grass ..rather than maybe a magazine on a couch, or newspaper on a carpet :p

Toilet training is a full time job ..tiny little bladders, and no chance of 'holding on' for months ...

I was about to ask the same thing.

Are you sure he's a pure JS?

Edited by Bjelkier

Beau is taught to go outside, too big to do it on newspaper. The idea of using fake turf sounds good, actually I might even consider a litter box without any expectations that she will cover it, lol (only kidding, I know I know.....some cats can't even be stuffed covering their do do's, lol). Beau is 5 mths old.

Yes I am very sure he is pure Japanese Spitz. I have seen quite a few at dog shows and owned one before so am very familiar with the breed. His breeder has both mum & dad on show, running around in the lounge room and also the grandparents which are now desexed. Both grandparents have papers, so do the parents but the breeder doesn't have a prefix per se.

He looks normal for a JS puppy at that age, they go all leggy. Plus depending on the lines he comes from will dictate how big he will be. If his parents are from the older stock he might be larger than 37cm. Pictures are decieving when it comes to their size.

Usually when they hit 6months old (the Jap Spitz) I find that they take a real positive turn in their house training, like a light just studdenly switches on. Until then they can be a bit of a pain, but continual reinforcement should help :)

I would definately put them on grass or fake grass from day dot though, if you use pee pads I found they enjoyed peeing on any softer surface

He looks normal for a JS puppy at that age, they go all leggy. Plus depending on the lines he comes from will dictate how big he will be. If his parents are from the older stock he might be larger than 37cm. Pictures are decieving when it comes to their size.

The only reason I asked is from previous posts I got the impression the dog was younger and he's from a BYB and we all know how these things go sometimes.

I am very aware of how leggy and strange some puppies look at this age.

Yes I am very sure he is pure Japanese Spitz. I have seen quite a few at dog shows and owned one before so am very familiar with the breed. His breeder has both mum & dad on show, running around in the lounge room and also the grandparents which are now desexed. Both grandparents have papers, so do the parents but the breeder doesn't have a prefix per se.

Then he is not a registered pure breed pup.

They are both cute, but you have not bought from a registered breeder, if the person does not have a prefix.

Then he is not a registered pure breed pup.

They are both cute, but you have not bought from a registered breeder, if the person does not have a prefix.

He is still a purebred pup even though his breeder does not have a prefix, she does have full registration papers for his parents as well as his grandparents, a prefix does not maketh him any more of a purebred than he already his. The pom breeder does have a prefix :)

Guest donatella

So basically some JS breeder has sold her these dogs in good faith and she has gone through and bred them anyway? That's a damn shame and goes against what breeders work towards.

So basically some JS breeder has sold her these dogs in good faith and she has gone through and bred them anyway? That's a damn shame and goes against what breeders work towards.

We all know this. It has been done to death in her other threads.