Guess The Breed.

LizT

Dad said it is a pointer. Given it was made in Austria post World War Two I'm guessing a GSP and not an English though it is a very muscular dog. Poetic licence and interpretaion met thinks.

This post so interesting - pity no dna for statues available !!! but it is a lovely piece of art no wonder you love it so much - but to me he did look like the ones in the you tube but as already been said maybe the lad who did it didn't really copy it from a real live dog maybe just put it together.

I now wish you could ask him just what it was - but guess it would be such a long shot to find him now.

This post so interesting - pity no dna for statues available !!! but it is a lovely piece of art no wonder you love it so much - but to me he did look like the ones in the you tube but as already been said maybe the lad who did it didn't really copy it from a real live dog maybe just put it together.

I now wish you could ask him just what it was - but guess it would be such a long shot to find him now.

My dad made it..he's 81 and doing fine! :) He says it was a Pointer but I'm guessing the Gundogs he fashioned it on could well have been mixed breed. Especially as post WW2 alot of the purebred breeders had put things on hold and many of the dogs were strays and 'oops' and mix breedings from whatever was available for stud and breeding.