September Challenge

tlc

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice start, pers!!

I'll toss one up here from today's play in my back garden.

sept12_107kja.jpg

Canon 100-400L at minimum focus distance, handheld 400mm, f5.6 (max aperture), 1/320, ISO 400 + shooting between palm fronds & a happy bit of light breeze in the background. Nothing in post except my siggy thingo

Edited by kja

Hope these qualify, I went to the market today. I thought this bloke was handsome, pretty sure he's from Afghanistan, he liked having his photo taken, very relaxed about it.

7911424434_34b187df2b.jpg

5F6A1685dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

a flower stall

7911420280_6500a8a2fd.jpg

5F6A1681dpp by kirislin, on Flickr

7911001738_d00093f48a.jpg

5F6A1683dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

not often seen in my little town

7911374122_806f0dc41c.jpg

5F6A1680dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

I've forgotten who is who and who doesn't get on with who and there were seventy eleven thousand rescue stands there :laugh: They had cresties and someone who looks like you so my mind though snook. Though it sounds like it might have been interesting if I had of asked, I was ready for a brawl after getting through the crowds!

Thanks kja and Pers. I dont go to the market much 'cause it's absolute madness in town on a Sunday anyway, all the tourists, but market day is even worse. I might have to get braver though and try it more, I was shy about taking photos, I missed some great opportunities, if only I'd had a bit more "pluck"

the carpet seller wanted to buy my camera! :laugh:

Edited by Kirislin

this is Tag, he had a fit early this morning so I thought I'd better take some photos of him. He seems fine today.

Using the 100mm macro.

f/8

7928339178_492728b2cd.jpg

5F6A1707dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

and making him stand out more at f/2.8

7928343006_9b72ac201f.jpg

5F6A1708dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

My handsome boy.

7928348436_6c69ede9d5.jpg

5F6A1710dppt by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

Noice hair :D I found a cheap second hand copy of a lens I've wanted for a while and it's awesome! I've been using a shitty kit long zoom and you can really see the IQ is crap. I also found that I have overlooked one colour profile setting that may account for some of the print issues I've been seeing so hopefully I am on the way to fixing that. I've hardly picked the camera up lately as I've been feeling crap so I'm looking forward to getting out with my new lens.

It's a DA 55-300 to replace my F 100-300. Is a bit heavier so will take a bit of practise to hand hold but a big leap forward. My second body will be an upgrade (a new pro body is due out soon so prices are dropping on the current models) and the step up from my semi pro body to the pro is a massive one for IQ, AF and handling noise. Then I'll just need a DA 16 -50 and I'll be set for lenses.

Plus I got two merits for last month's camera club entries :D