September Challenge

tlc

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Tag now?

A selfie outtake. Lovely compression thanks to the 105mm.

7935847854_88e556de2d_z.jpg

Tag seems fine now. He's had about 6 fits that I know of in his life. They seem to be few and far between thankfully.

Can you explain compression? Is it what makes the subject isolate from the background?

Oh I do hope tag is ok now...has he ever had a fit before?? Poor boy.

Here is a piccy taken yesterday, hopefully in line with this challenge. BTW Glad to see a monthly challenge on :)Been a while for me.

post-25842-0-49745000-1346923587_thumb.jpg

Edited by redangel

some beautiful nature shots in here so far!

kirislin - that dude in the first shot :thumbsup: nice red carpet backdrop too :D

and Tag @f/2.8 is nicer to my eye - just my general bias ... hope he's feeling better now!

huga - nice green background "compression"

this is the kind of dog shot I immediately thought of for this challenge :)

7950553996_cd9dcc31e4_z.jpg

Canon 50D 30mm @f/1.4 ss 1/250 ISO400

Another cat one to throw into the mix :D

Taken this afternoon and first real editing on my new pc. The colours and brightness look muted on Flickr on my iPad, maybe a calibration is in order? Can anyone tell me how it looks if they have a calibrated monitor - cheers :)

7961508890_33f767ffb7_z.jpg

Exposure 1/320 sec

Aperture f/4.0

Focal Length 60 mm

ISO Speed 1600

Edited by CrazyCresties

Ping, nice fishing shot, I'm not the best judge of settings but I think if your shutter speed was slower your boy would be not so dark. Love the blue water in the back ground. What camera do you have?

CC, I'm viewing on my iPad and it looks great, love the Bokeh balls!

Id love to see an example of the photo stack, ....

This link is a thread including tutorial, the Brit macro photographer was doing photo stacking before most people had heard of it, he does fabulous work, if he has a Flickr gallery still there would be a link to it somewhere - the "tutorial" has various Photoshop generations included.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=61316

Thanks PC, I'll have a look.

Ping, try sticking with one method till you feel comfortable and happy with the pictures. AV is good place to start. If you are able get yourself a copy of understanding exposure, Snook put me onto it and it's great for learning how it all works.

CC this looks fantastic on my iPad, gorgeous bokkeh and the kitty colours are stunning! Siamese?

Another cat one to throw into the mix :D

Taken this afternoon and first real editing on my new pc. The colours and brightness look muted on Flickr on my iPad, maybe a calibration is in order? Can anyone tell me how it looks if they have a calibrated monitor - cheers :)

7961508890_33f767ffb7_z.jpg

Exposure 1/320 sec

Aperture f/4.0

Focal Length 60 mm

ISO Speed 1600

Thanks tlc and MnDM, yup she's our evil Siamesey who rules the house :laugh: I was pleased with this seeing as it was iso1600, it needed very little sharpening and just some noise reduction in LR. I know the colours should look 'richer' though, it may be uploading to Flickr that's doing it - I'll have to experiment :)

Edited by CrazyCresties