September Challenge

tlc

Swallows and Swifts are good obsessions but they pretty much defeat me. My obsess just now is canola fields - they won't be around long so trying to get a collection. And to use it as a backdrop. Catching a bird against it is a challenge, at least the dogs sit and stay, well sort of. The fields might suit better as textures - something to work on.

Piper

_DSC4344A_zps03129393.jpg

Frodo and Piper

_DSC4360A_edited_zpse9a3b85d.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some terrific shot in this thread! :thumbsup:

tlc, in the "flying ears" shot it looks like the dog is about to step right out of the picture! :laugh:

A couple of mine...

I was trying out my 35mm f1.8 to see how close it would focus, this is slightly cropped. I tried at f1.8 but I wasn't happy with it, I had to use a smaller aperture to get all the petals in focus.

Luckily the tree at the back wasn't too close.

7936475856_d5be4fb30c_z.jpg

366 Days 249 Camellia Debbie by nzalis99, on Flickr

and...

18-105 zoom, -1 exposure comp. because the dark background made the white flower bleach out.

7936472412_94e4a72187_z.jpg

366 Days 247 Raining Again by nzalis99, on Flickr

Haven't checked back in here for a while.... :) there are certainly some talented folks on D O L . Must admit to LOVING the backgrounds- colours/shapes/contrast/bokeh ....and perhaps on occasion paying more attention to them than subjects embarrass.gif

here are a pair of apostlebirds ..

canon eos350

1/320

f 6.3

ISO 400

post-1359-0-29297500-1348699133_thumb.jpg

Edited by persephone

Apostlebirds are great, we don't have them here, but can't complain it is good birdlife, the black swans the other day were a bonus.

These don't belong here, they not stand-outish enough but guessing your Apostles are a SageLight process. I downloaded it for a look after your mentions, and it is interesting. This white bearded iris was so dark, the original was puzzle find the flower (or anything in focus, or anything at all). Anyway Sage found an image, which I thought was clever of it for a rubbish shot.

Sony A55, 18-55 Minolta lens, in shade, 60th @ 4.5 ISO200 handheld, camera shake.

_DSC4250AA.jpg

Then the purple-mauve iris, Sagelight didn't want to do anything automatic to it, just sulked and said well what do you want, blood? So it is from camera as Sagelight wasn't interested and I didn't play with sliders.

Sony A55, Minolta 55-200 lens, 320 @ 5.6 ISO 100 handheld early morning sun.

_DSC4410A.jpg

I'd say I prefer Photoshop, but won't rule out buying Sage when the trial period finishes.