Farewell My Little Chilli Dog

indigirl

I don't know what happened, I don't know what was going on inside your head but sonething wasn't right. I cant describe the fear and despair I felt today as I stood by unable to save you from yourself, terrified you were going to be killed in front of me. I know you wre hurting baby, even carrying you to the car afterwards hurt you.

You were so trusting, so calm as I held you while you received your wings. I'm so so sorry I had to betray your trust in me, but I had to let you go for both our sakes. You had just become too unpredictable, you were too much of a risk to my other dogs and to yourself.

Rest easy girl, my sweet little ball crazy Chilli dog. For 8 yrs you were my loyal shadow, I can't believe you're gone :cry:

Wait for me at the bridge Chill xxx

8ea97449751f3e704bc108b46a78b462.jpg

:( Run free little Chilli, hugs to you Indigirl.

Had to do this not long ago with a rescue girl we had for a long time, its heartbreaking to watch and frightening too :(

A heartbreaking and difficult decision :(

fifi xxx

Thank you so much to everyone who has commented, I even hesitated posting this thread for fear I would be flamed. Your understanding and compassion for my situation made me cry.

I bought Chill home today amd buried her in my yard. Will plant something over her later in the spring.

Chilli was just a little mutt, nothing special to look at, but she was a loyal and devoted companion who travelled many miles with me.

Wish saying goodbye wasn't so hard.

Chilli was just a little mutt, nothing special to look at, but she was a loyal and devoted companion who travelled many miles with me.

There's no 'just' :) she was loyal and devoted ,and you were hers ...

:hug:

Edited by persephone

^^ what she said! theres no "just" she was your companion your friend your family. you did everything you could to give her a wonderful life and made the hardest yet best decision for her by letting her go.

so sorry for your loss, thinking of you :hug: