Daisy's Story

Daisy

I don't spend much time on DOL these days, and many of you probably don't know me, maybe you're not all that interested, but this is the story of Daisy, the little dog that my user name comes from.

Many many years ago Daisy was my dog, bought from Parklea Markets (before I knew any better!) as the cutest little pup. She was a much adored member of our family. Sadly, as often happens, our family split apart, and after my divorce, I needed to live in an apartment for a while, so Daisy lived with my ex. He said he would look after her on one condition, that I never asked for her back. I don't think he ever really wanted her, although she was looked after. At one time, I did think about asking him if I could have her back, but I had another beautiful girl dog by then, and as both girls were dominant females, it didn't seem as if these two would be good together :( Eventually my ex re-married, and all was well, until they got another younger dog. This dog and Daisy got along well most of the time, but sometimes fought. I was rather perturbed to discover that when my ex and his wife split up, she had taken both the dogs. I guess he really didn't want Daisy at all. I did know she was being well cared for though with his ex, probably spoilt more than she had been for a long time.

However, last week I was contacted by the lady, and told that Daisy and the other younger dog were fighting more often and with much more serious consequences, and she was very concerned about Daisy's safety, and could I help out. So here is my lovely little Daisy dog, home again after many many years. My daughter and I are both ecstatic to have our little cuddly girl here, and as long as she gets on with most of the other dogs she will be staying. She is an old girl now and mostly an inside dog, so we should be able to manage her with the others.

And yes she only has one eye, lost the other one because of a cancer under her eyelid a few years ago. But we still think she is the cutest little girl :)

post-5614-0-79779900-1346405342_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daisy

awww what a lovely dog and a lovely story

I had a little maltese, Daisy, she was the love of my life and sounds like your Daisy in character, so this story brought back bittersweet memories :)