Xrays

cass_06

I think that the X-ray for female in pregnancy is completely unnecessary!

You can only count the number of pups (even not always),you can check also their spines. But USG provides more information in the last stage of pregnancy for example: heartbeat.

I don't understand breeders who need to know how many puppies is in litter 1 week before birth. Isn't it better to wait for the birth???

Probably the X radiation is not neutral for the organism.

Why unnecessarily expose the puppies and the mother of (even minimal) radiation dose? And of course medication before X-ray is usually also necessary.

I do X-ray study on hips (HD-test) but I have no choice. If I had the choice I would choose a different method.

You can only count the number of pups (even not always),you can check also their spines. But USG provides more information in the last stage of pregnancy for example: heartbeat.

I don't understand breeders who need to know how many puppies is in litter 1 week before birth. Isn't it better to wait for the birth???

Why unnecessarily expose the puppies and the mother of (even minimal) radiation dose? And of course medication before X-ray is usually also necessary.

I do X-ray study on hips (HD-test) but I have no choice. If I had the choice I would choose a different method.

Gestational xrays can be very useful in the management of some breeds and almost essential in the management of others. And no, sedation is not always required.

no it is not. Xray information can be very useful in planning and managing the birth.